Crossgrade options - Extended, Core, Feature?

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 61
Adam Crafton | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:33 AM

Can you someone explain (or provide a link) to what exactly these mean and what is included?  they are named differently but the price seems very close on all three.

Thanks

Adam

Posts 5619
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:39 AM

The Crossgrade packages add datasets and a few resources which support the new features in Logos 6.  It's the best way to get these without purchasing a full base package.  They are also useful to get after buying a base package lower than Gold, since only Gold and above include all datasets.

See the comparison page here:

https://www.logos.com/compare/Logos%20Crossgrade

Core is the smallest, then Feature, then Extended.  Here is the Crossgrade product page:

https://www.logos.com/get-6/Logos%20Crossgrade

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:39 AM

Adam,

Have you been to this page?

Edit: Todd gave you that link. Core is for those who do not work with the original languages. Essential is for those who work with the original languages and already have the texts included in the Extended edition (many previous Logos base package owners). Extended provides all one needs to use all the features in Logos 6 without buying a base package.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 520
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:40 AM

Perhaps this is what you are looking for

https://www.logos.com/compare/Logos%20Crossgrade

Posts 520
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 7:41 AM

Wow. Three Posts at the same time Stick out tongue

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:40 AM

Has anyone compared the Extended Crossgrade to Logos 6 Gold? Unfortunately, they're in separate categories on the Logos site, so it's hard to compare them.

The upgrade price for me for L6 Gold is maybe like $10 more than the Extended Crossgrade, so I'm wondering which one would be the better purchase for being roughly the same price.

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:45 AM

Robert Wazlavek:
The upgrade price for me for L6 Gold is maybe like $10 more than the Extended Crossgrade, so I'm wondering which one would be the better purchase.

As mentioned above the "Cross-grades" have few, if any, resources

If you can get L6 Gold for an extra $10 [with all of its extra resources] you are very fortunate!

Regards, SteveF

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:45 AM

Robert Wazlavek:

Has anyone compared the Extended Crossgrade to Logos 6 Gold? Unfortunately, they're in separate categories on the Logos site, so it's hard to compare them.

The upgrade price for me for L6 Gold is maybe like $10 more than the Extended Crossgrade, so I'm wondering which one would be the better purchase.

I'd scan what I was getting in each even though you'd have to open two browser instances to do so.

There should be only a few resources you might not get that are in Extended by going with Gold, so check for them: Hi-def commentary on Philippians, and Spurgeon commentary on Galatians are probably two of them.

I imagine you'd be way ahead taking the Gold upgrade. You'll get everything but a few (non-essential) resources.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:49 AM

Mark Smith:
You'll get everything but a few (non-essential) resources.

Mark,I do not understand you suggestion to "scan".

Could you add an extra explanation?

Is not "all" the "extended cross-grade"  already in L6 Gold?

[or am I missing something here?]

Regards, SteveF

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:51 AM

Mark Smith:

I'd scan what I was getting in each even though you'd have to open two browser instances to do so.

There should be only a few resources you might not get that are in Extended by going with Gold, so check for them: Hi-def commentary on Philippians, and Spurgeon commentary on Galatians are probably two of them.

I imagine you'd be way ahead taking the Gold upgrade. You'll get everything but a few (non-essential) resources.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking Gold would be better. I have done some comparing; Gold says I'll receive 133 new resources, while the crossgrade says I'll only receive 81. Unfortunately, the crossgrade doesn't have an option to filter everything "New to you", so it's a pain to go through and figure that out.  But since I'm only really concerned about the datasets, it's probably best to take Gold and count the extra stuff as a bonus.

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:56 AM

SteveF:

Mark,I do not understand you suggestion to "scan".

Could you add an extra explanation?

Use your eyes to scan down the list of 'new to me' on both product pages.

SteveF:
Is not "all" the "extended cross-grade"  already in L6 Gold?

I don't know for certain as I did not upgrade to a standard package. The two resources I mentioned are in Standard Gold (I just checked), so you may be right.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:58 AM

Robert Wazlavek:
Unfortunately, the crossgrade doesn't have an option to filter everything "New to you"

I see that option:

Never-the-less for $10 you will get 52 additional resources. I wouldn't have any trouble with that decision.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 8:58 AM

Robert Wazlavek:
Unfortunately, the crossgrade doesn't have an option to filter everything "New to you", so it's a pain to go through and figure that out.

Blue is new to you, green you already have:

If all the blue dots have a circled 6 next to them, you can filter by New to Logos 6 to reduce the list.

Mark Smith:
I see that option:

That's because you own one of the packages. New to You doesn't currently work on pages where you don't own any of the packages. But the dots do.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 9:03 AM

Robert Wazlavek:

But since I'm only really concerned about the datasets, it's probably best to take Gold and count the extra stuff as a bonus.

Without looking at the details, if the difference in cost is $10, and my decision is between either Crossgrade or Gold, I'd take the Gold without further consideration. Between the 2, that extra $10 will not break any bank.

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 9:12 AM

No wonder I'm VERY hesitant, my options ar not good (I guess equivalent to the Core functionality plus getting the Church Fathers to work better - but that doesn't fix the translations being very old) and even so I would have to float a loan for the $90 something tonight.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 11

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 9:16 AM

Adam Crafton:

Can you someone explain (or provide a link) to what exactly these mean and what is included?  they are named differently but the price seems very close on all three.

Thanks

Adam

Sherri Huleatt gives a quick summary that is pretty clear:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/93102/646176.aspx#646176

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 9:21 AM

Mark Smith:

Robert Wazlavek:
Unfortunately, the crossgrade doesn't have an option to filter everything "New to you"

I see that option:

Never-the-less for $10 you will get 52 additional resources. I wouldn't have any trouble with that decision.

This is weird, I don't see this option. Only "ALL" and "New to Logos 6". In fact I made a request to add the "New to you".

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/93422.aspx

Posts 595
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 9:33 AM

You can also combine the crossgrade with a denominational package. I was interested in the Lutheran Platinum, but noticed that there were a number of resources in the extended crossgrade not included in that package. Adding the extended crossgrade to the package only cost an extra $48 (crossgrade alone was $189 for me).

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 9:39 AM

Anthony H:
This is weird, I don't see this option. Only "ALL" and "New to Logos 6". In fact I made a request to add the "New to you".

As fgh said above, it's a bug in the site. "New to You" isn't showing unless you own one of the equivalent packages in L5.

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 9:41 AM

Mark Barnes:

Anthony H:

As fgh said above, it's a bug in the site. "New to You" isn't showing unless you own one of the equivalent packages in L5.

Missed fgh's post. I recognize the bug but I'm not sure I follow you. I own platinum in L5.

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS