Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2167
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 11 2010 6:34 AM | Locked

Suddenly L4 B2 shuts down when I click on the homepage. I do not start L4 using the homepage and it was working fine yesterday. So I suspect it is something that the page is trying to load either off the internet or from my library that is causing this. I will try and get a log upload later this afternoon if others are not experiencing the same thing.

Running on Parallels 5 and XP.

6064.Logos4.log.zip

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 7:48 AM | Locked

I cannot replicate the problem John.  Looking at the log though, I note that just before the crash two files are cached. 

I wonder if deleting one or both before starting Logos back up would solve the problem?

It's only a guess but here they are if you want to try.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\ewz2skmn.aan\HomePage\2010-01-11\kmaeqwht.ujg

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Data\ewz2skmn.aan\HomePage\2010-01-11\Xps\pb5tk5oo.0md

Delete them, then start Logos back up and see if it still crashes.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 319
LogosEmployee
David Schwegler (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 9:35 AM | Locked

Hi John,

Thanks for the log.

We're looking into this and will get a fix out when possible. It appears to be a problem with your index.

In the meantime, you should be able to work around it by starting up Logos 4 with a blank layout. Alternatively, you could force a re-index and there's a good chance that would fix the issue for you.

Posts 2167
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 6:19 AM | Locked

A rebuild index fixed the problem. Thanks.

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 8:31 AM | Locked

David Schwegler:

Hi John,

Thanks for the log.

We're looking into this and will get a fix out when possible. It appears to be a problem with your index.

In the meantime, you should be able to work around it by starting up Logos 4 with a blank layout. Alternatively, you could force a re-index and there's a good chance that would fix the issue for you.

For what it is worth I have been experiencing simular problems. I am not running the beta.

Posts 2167
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 9:33 AM | Locked

Keith,

You should post your log so it can be looked at. Without that, you can try rebuilding your index, which is a complete rebuilt.. ie 6 hours. It worked for me. I would post a log before rebuilding and see what Logos has to say.

Posts 26
Zach Volker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 9:37 AM | Locked

I'm having a similar issue, but when I rebuild, it crashes during the process.

Where is the log file located?

Posts 2167
Forum MVP
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS