Can I buy individual datasets once the core engine comes out feb 3rd?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 98
Xegesis | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 30 2014 2:45 PM

For example I see 'Ancient Literature Dataset' is 9.95, but it doesn't have an option to buy it.  Does that become available Feb 3rd?

Also, if I just wanted to buy the core engine today can I? And for how much?

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 2:53 PM

Xegesis:

For example I see 'Ancient Literature Dataset' is 9.95, but it doesn't have an option to buy it.  Does that become available Feb 3rd?

back in the pre l4 days they used to sell a number of add-ins. They got away from that with L4. I doubt they will go back to that practice

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 2:54 PM

Xegesis:

Logos has said they have no plans to sell datasets individually. They did not in Logos 4 or Logos 5. Pricing is, I suppose, a way to show relative value of the parts.

Xegesis:

You can only get it by buying an upgrade. Consider buying one of the Crossgrades you were looking at.which gives you the engine.

Logos does not sell the core engine.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 98
Xegesis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 30 2014 3:12 PM

Thank you Gentlemen 

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:54 AM

Xegesis:

Thank you Gentlemen 

But it doesn't hurt to ask Logos directly (via email, phone call, etc.). Remember we "orange stars" don't speak for the company, just from our own experience.

My guess would be the same as my compadres above, but Logos and company are known for nothing, if not for doing things different from time to time. 

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS