What am I doing wrong.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 6:27 AM

Lynden Williams:
What am I doing wrong.

Nothing.

The Journals feature searches labels Logos has tagged journals with which attempt to label articles with the passage they may be about (if at all). So right now you have no journals that are tagged that have your passage as their central scripture.

Searching a collection by scripture ref. finds all references whether the article focuses on teh passage ot not.

It's Logos' way to give us more focused results. We can still do normal searches to find every reference.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 6:29 AM

Mark Smith:

Lynden Williams:
What am I doing wrong.

Nothing.

The Journals feature searches labels Logos has tagged journals with which attempt to label articles with the passage they may be about (if at all). So right now you have no journals that are tagged that have your passage as their central scripture.

Searching a collection by scripture ref. finds all references whether the article focuses on teh passage ot not.

It's Logos' way to give us more focused results. We can still do normal searches to find every reference.

Yes

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 7:48 AM

I remember seeing (though I can't remember where) that you need the Gold base package or better for this option to work at all. Is that true, as I'm getting the same 0 results.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:57 AM

Brian Maag:
I remember seeing (though I can't remember where) that you need the Gold base package or better for this option to work at all. Is that true, as I'm getting the same 0 results.

I know if you have Gold you have everything in L6, however I think the Collections section is an enhancement to the L6 engine and anyone with the engine will have it.

For the search that Lynden posted (Luke 15:11-32) I get one hit in one journal:

Right now the number of journals tagged is still relatively low, so depending on how many journals you have, and the reference you search for, you could very easily get zero returns.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:57 AM

Brian Maag:

I'm probably not understanding what Mark is saying but I have Gold and am getting zero results after several tries.

I thought for sure that Daniel 2 would have showed up under the "Journals" section.

EDIT: 

Mark Smith:
Right now the number of journals tagged is still relatively low, so depending on how many journals you have, and the reference you search for, you could very easily get zero returns..

This is probably my problem. I have very few journals.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 9:00 AM

Rick:
I thought for sure that Daniel 2 would have showed up under the "Journals" section.

I do not get anything for Daniel 2 either. See my comments above.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 9:01 AM

Mark Smith:
I do not get anything for Daniel 2 either. See my comments above.

I was editing my post as you posted  Smile

I have very few journals. Thanks for the help!

Posts 4162
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 9:05 AM

I have no journals for Daniel 2 either, and I only have the one Mark has for the other passage.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 6730
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:16 PM

Thanks. You answered my concerns.

Lynden Williams Communications

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS