Update Error!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 24
Brian D Robbins | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 31 2014 7:55 AM

Hi

I have been having a problem with updates on my MAC for a few months.  I noted a post in a Logos 5 Forum with a similar problem with no disclosed solution.  It started several months ago when I was using Logos 5 with Maverick – but has continued even after updating to Yosemite and then still after removing Logos 5 and doing a brand new install of Logos 6.  At the latest update the yellow band across the top of the screen now says:  "There is an update ready to be installed”.  However, when I click on  “Click here to install it now (Recommended)”  I get a message saying  “Extracting update" which quickly brings up an error message saying  “Update error! An error occurred while extracting the archive please try again later”.  I am then forced to quit the update installer and when I restart Logos it yellow band message “There is an update ready to be installed” is still there.

I have called into the customer support about this a couple of times in the past with no solutions.  I was hopeful, but then disappointed, when logos 6 came out thinking a complete reinstall of the new program would solve the issue – but it has not.

I am currently using Logos 6 (full install)

Brian

Posts 1
Joe Lankow | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:02 AM

Have you tried moving all instances of Logos from the Applications folder to the trash, emptying the trash, and redownloading/installing Logos?

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 8:54 AM

Brian D Robbins:
“Update error! An error occurred while extracting the archive please try again later”.  I am then forced to quit the update installer and when I restart Logos it yellow band message “There is an update ready to be installed” is still there.

You may want to peruse this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/93214.aspx It may or may not help with your situation.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 303
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 9:51 AM

Can you please enable logging, restart Logos and post your logs after receiving this error?

Thank you,

Martin

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 24
Brian D Robbins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 11:49 AM

Thanks all - yes, had deleted prior logos apps - and had read the referenced thread.  I will enable logging this evening and post the logs.

Brian

Posts 1
Bunmi Okenla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 3:05 PM

I've got the same issue too. any way forward yet?

1. What OS (be specific): 10.10.0
  2. What version of Logos (be specific): 6.0
  3. What computer are you using: Mid-2014 MacBook Pro
  4. Do you use OpenDNS (yes, no, unsure): unsure
  5. What is the link to your threadhttps://community.logos.com/forums/EditPost.aspx?PostID=659674&ReturnUrl=%2fforums%2fp%2f93583%2f649611.aspx%23659674
Posts 27435
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 3:57 PM

Bunmi Okenla:
I've got the same issue too. any way forward yet?

Welcome Bumni! Smile

Can you please create a new thread and explain your issue clearly? I see that you copied my questions from another thread... feel free to paste that into the new thread. Also, have you tried any of the suggestions in that (LONG) thread?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS