Maps and other features

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 754
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 11:37 AM

Robert Dean, Jr:

Further, from looking at the screenshot examples, I realize that my Factbook only gives me 2-3 maps, and  doesn't have even the limited number of maps showing in these screenshots.

Factbook only has space to show a small handful of media for a subject. The Atlas tool is where you can see a list of all the maps that are available for a person, place, event, or passage. (but so far we've only released a small percent of all the maps we intend to produce)

We added the Flat style to Atlas to make it easier to use maps in presentations. The right-click (context) menu lets you send maps directly to Powerpoint, Proclaim, or your printer to make it easier to use these maps in presentations.

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 2:12 PM

Sean Boisen:

Factbook only has space to show a small handful of media for a subject. The Atlas tool is where you can see a list of all the maps that are available for a person, place, event, or passage. (but so far we've only released a small percent of all the maps we intend to produce)

Hi Sean,

I'm not exactly sure how you see a list of all the maps available. Right now, being in Matthew 16:13, I highlight Caesarea Philippi and then right click it, then choose Caesarea Philippi Place. If I choose Factbook, I get only 3 maps shown and if I choose Atlas, I get only one large map of the area. I must be missing something, as I don't see a list of many maps. Also the feature that was wonderful in Logos 5 was that not only were all the maps shown below, but you also could just roll your cursor over each image to see the map enlarged, without going to that particular map. Is this possible in Logos 6?

Thanks for the help. 

Charlene

Posts 6
Dan Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 3:46 PM

Is there a way to "create" a map with only the locations you want to show up?

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 4:18 PM

Robert Dean Jr....yes I think they have lost sight of us somewhat.

Dan I like your suggestion....the ability to add or delete locations on the map would be neat.

Just saying.

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 6:06 PM

Dan Taylor:

I think I have been asking for this since Logos 4! Please, Logos...pretty please!

Charlene

Posts 8948
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 6:33 PM

Dan Taylor:

This would be very helpful when teaching.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 6:53 PM

Hi   Sean Boisen, One thing what is bad in Logos 6 is this problem.Instead of making it better, why have you taken what was good? If Logos needs feedback from their customers ,then this  is  feedback mixed with complaint. Please don't ignore our thoughts. We want to  continue faithful customers as we are.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 5025
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 16 2014 1:48 AM

I hope they get the message that they have missed a beat by taking away what L5 offered in access to maps.  Having to run a raw search is a backward step.

Posts 24941
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 16 2014 12:34 PM

Charlene:
If I choose Factbook, I get only 3 maps shown and if I choose Atlas, I get only one large map of the area. I must be missing something, as I don't see a list of many maps. Also the feature that was wonderful in Logos 5 was that not only were all the maps shown below, but you also could just roll your cursor over each image to see the map enlarged, without going to that particular map. Is this possible in Logos 6?

You are right Logos 6 maps are not as convenient as Logos 5. You have to do a Media Search of Maps in the old Biblical Places Maps resource to get multiple maps, but the mouse over enlargement of L5 is missing (you can simulate it if you have Mediia Search and Biblical Places Maps side by side).

Plus I just tried Joppa and Atlas said it wasn't available  - Retry!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 6
Dan Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 9:20 AM

What I have done is export the map to Photoshop and manually erase all the locations, etc. that I DON'T want and then can add the ones I DO want...a little tedious, but works for now...

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 9:54 AM

Hello, all. I've added a task to re-evaluate the maps workflow in L6. I didn't anticipate that the new design (tha is, moving from Bible Facts to Factbook & Atlas) would cause a loss of functionality we had in L5. My apologies for that. This thread gives me a pretty good understanding of where we need to go from here. Thank you all again for your feedback!

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 10:25 AM

See this thread as well. https://community.logos.com/forums/t/97797.aspx

Posts 5025
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 2:15 PM

Thanks Eli. Much appreciated you are reviewing the issues outlined here.

Posts 1647
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 2:57 PM

Eli Evans:

Hello, all. I've added a task to re-evaluate the maps workflow in L6. 

I have been silent on this issue, but thank you Eli. I miss the way that the maps were.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS