Would be awesome to be able to purchase a la carte.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 32
elliott siu | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:00 PM

I'm looking at the minimal crossgrade, and most of the resources I either have already or don't have a an interest in. I do like the interactive media and the propositional Bible outlines.

Logos/Faithlife: it would be really great if we had the option to purchase the parts we want. I'd even pay a little bit more for just those if it meant that I didn't have to buy an entire package and only use 1/4 of it. This would show us you are interested in your lower-budget customers who aren't able to buy an entire new package every version, but would still be interested in purchasing some features.

I love using Logos. It's been a great help to my studies and ministry. I hope Logos isn't turning into a big company that only wants to sell enormous bundled packages without regard to what costumers want.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:09 PM

Elliott,

Many thousands of resources are in fact able to be bought separately. Is there something in particular you were looking for?  Sometimes we can ask for them and get them unbundled - other time contractual agreements preclude it.  

Yet it never hurts to be specific.

Here is a link to a thread with many such breakups: Hey! they just broke this collection up!

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 9079
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:10 PM

elliott siu:
I hope Logos isn't turning into a big company that only wants to sell enormous bundled packages without regard to what costumers want.

Just as a point of reference, Logos discontinued selling 'parts' like this when Logos 4 came out. That's been quite a few years. Didn't offer it in Logos 4 or 5, and now in 6. So Logos as a company hasn't changed in this area at all in recent years.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9079
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:11 PM

TCBlack:
Yet it never hurts to be specific.

I believe Elliott was talking about individual datasets from the bundled crossgrade packages.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 32
elliott siu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:11 PM

Specifically I'm looking at the Propositional Bible Outlines, some of the Interactive Media, and the Logos 6 maps.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:20 PM

ACK! Thanks Mark.

Elliott, I understand then.  This is the purpose of the crossgrade options - to enable you to purchase datasets that have required huge investment to implement.  Many hundreds of man hours for things that may in fact look simple to us.  

Because of the way these interconnect they are only available together with certain others.

Sorry for my misunderstanding.  Coffee

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 32
elliott siu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:25 PM

Here's an easy example. 

The Core Crossgrade includes English and Greek pronunciation ($9.95 and $19.95). How do maps or Bible outlines hinge in integration with this?

Posts 2067
LogosEmployee

I believe Greek pronunciation has a dependency on the Lemma Dataset. While not a direct dependency, the English pronunciation was implemented to go with the various "Biblical ... Dataset" items, and there could be some unexpected behavior without both pieces.

There may also be other dependencies I'm not aware of.

Posts 9079
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 1:34 PM

elliott siu:
How do maps or Bible outlines hinge in integration with this?

They don't (EDIT: unless Andrew is right). Thomas is generalizing. All of the Interactives, the Atlas, and some other tools work by themselves.

I know this was brought up back in Logos 4 and I don't recall the reasons Logos gave for doing this. Perhaps someone who does, will chime in. I think in part Logos has to support all of its development. If everything were a la carte some tools and datasets might never get the return on Logos' investment.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS