Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9113
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 9:12 PM

Doc B:
Update: After sitting for several minutes, this popped up-

Disappointing.

Could you do one last thing? Sort your Library by Series (add the column first if it isn't showing), then look for the Focus on the Bible Series. I will assume you won't learn anything with this, but it is one check against human error.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2885
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 9:15 PM

Mark Smith:
Could you do one last thing? Sort your Library by Series

I had done that, but re-did it just to double-check.  Showing 26 volumes.

I'm pretty sure they are missing.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 9113
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 31 2014 9:21 PM

Doc B:
I'm pretty sure they are missing.

I'm pretty sure you are right.

One other idea might work.

Navigate to C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\{random string}\DownloadManager (this is for Windows, its a little different for Macs) and delete the two files in that folder, then try Update Now again.

If that doesn't work, have a good night's sleep and Logos may sort it our Monday.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 111
Richard Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 6:16 AM

For the Opening Up commentary series, some packages have 37 volumes and others have 40 volumes. I don't know why. You can see the details in my message at

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/93407.aspx

Posts 705
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 8:01 AM

Mark Smith:

Robert Harner:
When querying my library with this:      series:"opening up"    I have 40 books. 

Thanks. I am missing 1 Samuel, Isaiah, and Revelation (and have a Dynamic Price of $23.04). I will assume the 37 said to be in the Reformed collections are the same as those I own, since I did not receive any new volumes when I bought Reformed Silver.

I too am missing 1 Samuel, Isaiah, and Revelation. I own Reformed Portfolio. When I checked online, it says this package only includes 37 volumes. What is strange is another package (like Baptist Diamond) contains all 40 volumes. Is that an oversight or just how the packages were built?

Posts 9113
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 8:07 AM

JH:
I too am missing 1 Samuel, Isaiah, and Revelation. I own Reformed Portfolio. When I checked online, it says this package only includes 37 volumes. What is strange is another package (like Baptist Diamond) contains all 40 volumes. Is that an oversight or just how the packages were built?

On another thread I point out an inconsistency in the Chaplain's Library and what I received (40 listed vs 37 owned).

Logos had some problems the first couple of days making sure the right contents of packages appeared on the description pages. They will need to straighten this out.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 55
LogosEmployee
Jesse Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 10:52 AM

Hi JH, yes this is just how they were built. Reformed contains the 37 volume version of the commentary. The Baptist package was put together much later than Reformed so in that time new volumes had been added. Very sorry about the confusion it has caused! This is an issue that faces the base packages throughout their lifespan as the collections within them change. 

Posts 9113
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 11:10 AM

Jesse Myers:
Hi JH, yes this is just how they were built. Reformed contains the 37 volume version of the commentary. The Baptist package was put together much later than Reformed so in that time new volumes had been added. Very sorry about the confusion it has caused! This is an issue that faces the base packages throughout their lifespan as the collections within them change. 

I think many of us would agree this is faulty thinking. These are NEW packages we are talking about. As such MUCH changed. Just because in L5 there were 37 volumes doesn't mean in L6 the NEW packages have to be restricted to 37 volumes. This isn't the answer.

Please see if someone can address the concern I have above about the Chaplain's package and whether I should have 40 volumes of the Opening Up series as it indicates here:

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 55
LogosEmployee
Jesse Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 11:17 AM

HI Mark, Sure thing, I sent an email this morning to the people who manage it.  

Posts 9113
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 11:23 AM

Jesse Myers:
HI Mark, Sure thing, I sent an email this morning to the people who manage it.  

Appreciated.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 705
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 11:23 AM

I agree with Mark - these are all new packages. It seems like Reformed Portfolio should at least have the equivalent number of volumes in a multi-volume set as other packages that offer the same resource (Baptist Diamond, Chaplains, etc).

Posts 2885
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 2:19 PM

Mark Smith:
Navigate to C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\{random string}\DownloadManager (this is for Windows, its a little different for Macs) and delete the two files in that folder, then try Update Now again.

Still no joy in Mudville.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 2:23 PM

Silly question, but you haven't hidden them, have you?

Posts 2885
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 2:27 PM

Mark Barnes:

Silly question, but you haven't hidden them, have you?

Not that silly; but no, I've never had them in my possession in order to do that.

The only resources I've ever hidden were a bunch of the ancient greek stuff we got for free and a few books by heretics that came in big packages.

Posts 2885
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:41 PM

Mark Smith:

Robert Harner:
When querying my library with this:      series:"opening up"    I have 40 books. 

Thanks. I am missing 1 Samuel, Isaiah, and Revelation (and have a Dynamic Price of $23.04). I will assume the 37 said to be in the Reformed collections are the same as those I own, since I did not receive any new volumes when I bought Reformed Silver.

I'm missing the exact same three.

Have     Opening Up Genesis by Kurt Strassner 1
    Opening Up Exodus by Iain D. Campbell 2
    Opening Up Joshua by Roger Ellsworth 3
    Opening Up Judges by Simon J. Robinson 4
    Opening Up Ruth by Jonathan Prime 5
    Opening Up 1 Chronicles by Andrew Thomson 6
    Opening Up 2 Chronicles by Andrew Thomson 7
    Opening Up Ezra by Peter Williams 8
    Opening Up Psalms by Roger Ellsworth 9
    Opening Up Proverbs by Jim Newheiser 10
    Opening Up Ecclesiastes by Jim Winter 11
    Opening Up Ezekiel’s Visions by Peter Jeffery 12
    Opening Up Amos by Michael Bentley 13
    Opening Up Joel by Michael Bentley 14
    Opening Up Jonah by Paul Mackrell 15
    Opening Up Nahum by Clive Anderson 16
    Opening Up Zephaniah by Michael Bentley 17
    Opening Up Haggai by Peter Williams 18
    Opening Up Zechariah by Roger Ellsworth 19
    Opening Up Malachi by Roger Ellsworth 20
    Opening Up Matthew’s Gospel by Iain D. Campbell 21
    Opening Up Luke’s Gospel by Gavin Childress 22
    Opening Up John’s Gospel by Andrew Paterson 23
    Opening Up Acts by John-Michael Wong 24
    Opening Up 1 Corinthians by Derek Prime 25
    Opening Up Galatians by David Campbell 26
    Opening Up Philippians by Roger Ellsworth 27
    Opening Up Colossians & Philemon by Ian McNaughton 28
    Opening Up 1 Thessalonians by Tim Shenton 29
    Opening Up 2 Thessalonians by Ian McNaughton 30
    Opening Up 1 Timothy by Simon Robinson 31
    Opening Up 2 Timothy by Peter Williams 32
    Opening Up Titus by David Campbell 33
    Opening Up Hebrews by Philip Hacking 34
    Opening Up James by Roger Ellsworth 35
    Opening Up 2 Peter by Clive Anderson 36
    Opening Up 2 & 3 John by Terence Peter Crosby 37
Don't     Opening Up 1 Samuel by Jim Newheiser
Have     Opening Up Isaiah by Andrew Thomson
    Opening Up Revelation by Roger Ellsworth

Posts 1
Tamara Krantz | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 11:46 PM

I'm having a similar problem. I upgraded to Gold when switching to 6 and I'm missing the Pillar New Testament Commentary series listed as coming with Gold. I have one volume that I owned previously.

Posts 2885
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 7:29 AM

Tamara Krantz:

I'm having a similar problem. I upgraded to Gold when switching to 6 and I'm missing the Pillar New Testament Commentary series listed as coming with Gold. I have one volume that I owned previously.

Tamara,

First, welcome to the forums.

Second,please try the steps that Mark directed me to try in the thread above. (That's what customer service will have you do when you contact them.)

Third, if this doesn't work, you might want to post your missing persons report in a new thread, as I don't know if the support folks will keep checking this old one.  For faster response, send an email to customer service, here-

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 4:54 PM

Sorry for the confusion, everyone.

Essentially, the 40 volume edition of the Opening Up Commentary set is available in Baptist Diamond and Collector's Edition. We chose to leave the 37 volume edition in other packages (such as Reformed) in order to make room for resources more central / important to those packages.

If you've seen something other than the above represented on the website, please let me know or contact Customer Service, and we'd be happy to make things right.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 9113
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 5:21 PM

Gabe, look above a few spots at my post where I posted a screen clip from the Chaplain's Library. It states 40 volumes of the Opening Up commentary. It says I would have to pay some $23 to get the missing ones, even though I'd purchased the upgrade a couple of days before. So on the day of the screen clip it says I should have had 40 volumes and I didn't. 

Today the listing of the Chaplain's Library says 37 volumes. So this is still puzzling as I didn't take a screen shot the day I upgraded and I  don't recall what I was promised then. One way or another it seems that various people at different times, including Doc, saw 40 volumes listed in various packages besides those two you listed. Perhaps it's too late to get this sorted out. I am unsure what I was promised as the web page had changed and I won't ask for something I wasn't promised.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 5:28 PM

Mark Smith:

Gabe, look above a few spots at my post where I posted a screen clip from the Chaplain's Library. It states 40 volumes of the Opening Up commentary. It says I would have to pay some $23 to get the missing ones, even though I'd purchased the upgrade a couple of days before. So on the day of the screen clip it says I should have had 40 volumes and I didn't. 

Today the listing of the Chaplain's Library says 37 volumes. So this is still puzzling as I didn't take a screen shot the day I upgraded and I  don't recall what I was promised then. One way or another it seems that various people at different times, including Doc, saw 40 volumes listed in various packages besides those two you listed. Perhaps it's too late to get this sorted out. I am unsure what I was promised as the web page had changed and I won't ask for something I wasn't promised.

Thanks, Mark. FWIW, I don't have much visibility to the Chaplain's product line myself. It's possible that was simply an oversight. Either way, we're more than happy to make it right if we've promised something you didn't receive! Smile

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS