Logos 6 "Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew"

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 8:19 AM

Martin Folley:

I see that 'Mobile Ed: Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos 6' has now appeared on Pre-Pub.

In the product description is states:

If you own the previous versionLearn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software, you will receive a specially discounted price once the product is live. We recommend you place your order at that time.

It seem strange ... buy it now and get a discount later ... I am not sure why they cannot discuss the discount now ... it makes for a hard purchasing decision.

Nice glad to see this in prepub.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 8:33 AM

Do you think they will get the alphabets right this time?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1959
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 8:39 AM

Super.Tramp:

Do you think they will get the alphabets right this time?

Let's hope so. 

Posts 176
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 6:15 PM

If you eliminate those who purchased the previous program there will be fewer people ordering this pre-pub.

The ones left that order will be 1) new users of Logos and 2) those who didn't want to order it last time.

Just a hunch but this item may languish in pre-pub for a while.

Posts 512
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 8:19 PM

Rob:

If you eliminate those who purchased the previous program there will be fewer people ordering this pre-pub.

The ones left that order will be 1) new users of Logos and 2) those who didn't want to order it last time.

Rob, I have a hunch that you are correct, although I truly hope you are not :-D

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 8:35 PM

I bought the original videos, and tried to make my way through them.  It was a separate experience to Logos, and I typically kept the video open in half of the screen with OneNote open in the other half so I could take notes.  I had to pause the video a lot.  The new software that does flashcards on the smartphone would have been nice to have at that time, and to be integrated into the videos.

I can't help but remember one of the old versions of Logos that used to have a "Home Page" for special collections, and from that page it had links to all the content--including media content such as audio sermons/etc.  That was easier for me to use because it was integrated into my Logos experience.  

I've not wrapped my brain around the m.ED offerings yet--just far too busy--but perhaps they are offering the experience I seek.  I'll wait, hope for a great price on the "update" and probably try it out.

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 11:48 PM

Rob:

The users who have the previous version will get a discount Big Smile

The Mobile Ed lessons that have been published are great imho, so this will not been an exception I hope. Integrated into Logos 6.

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 1081
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 12:59 AM

Oops ... Sorry folks ...Embarrassed

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 10:55 AM

Some info here by Mike Heiser:

http://drmsh.com/2015/02/14/learn-to-use-greek-and-hebrew-2-0-logos-6-version-on-pre-pub-now/

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 1:22 PM

http://drmsh.com/2015/02/14/learn-to-use-greek-and-hebrew-2-0-logos-6-version-on-pre-pub-now/

Just made the link active.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 10733
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 1:32 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Thanks Bruce. BTW, just passed one of your neighbors heading south on I-73 in North Carolina. He had enough  salt on his van to season about a million orders of fries Wink (We barely made out the Ontario license plate.)

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 2:05 PM

Jack Caviness:
BTW, just passed one of your neighbors heading south on I-73 in North Carolina. He had enough  salt on his van to season about a million orders of fries Wink (We barely made out the Ontario license plate

Ah, the hazards of winter driving. Right now it's so cold here that the salt is not working. The forecast is for temperatures exceeding -30 tonight. Btw, -40 is the same in Celsius and Fahrenheit.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 10733
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 3:22 AM

Bruce Dunning:
Right now it's so cold here that the salt is not working.

We need the Learn to use… videos as a humanitarian outreach to our Canadian brothers and sisters. With the video, food, and fuel, they can stay indoors until the Spring thaw comes in early July Big Smile

Bruce Dunning:
Btw, -40 is the same in Celsius and Fahrenheit.

That is a bit of information that I hope to never have need of Ick!

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 5:16 AM

Jack Caviness:

Bruce Dunning:
Btw, -40 is the same in Celsius and Fahrenheit.

That is a bit of information that I hope to never have need of Ick!

This morning it was -35. Now that is cold even for a Canadian.

Posts 712
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 5:45 AM

Back on topic!

I own the prior version - but as physical media - and the Logos.com site seems to be unaware of my ownership - so how does this factor with others who say they own and are not acknowledged by the site.

Also how does this relate to those who would like to take advantage who may or may not qualify - Faithlife input please!

Shalom

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 6:13 AM

Kevin A Lewis:
Back on topic!

Sorry about that.

Kevin A Lewis:

I own the prior version - but as physical media - and the Logos.com site seems to be unaware of my ownership - so how does this factor with others who say they own and are not acknowledged by the site.

Also how does this relate to those who would like to take advantage who may or may not qualify - Faithlife input please!

I too own the prior version on discs and very much hope that there is a good incentive to upgrade. The Logos website may not show this but for sure our ownership of this is known to them.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 7:14 AM

Bruce Dunning:
This morning it was -35. Now that is cold even for a Canadian.

Global warming, according to some.  (Remember the plight of the polar bears!  Devil )

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 29096
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:49 AM

We are definitely on the global warming side - 60 in the winter is not our norm.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 216
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 1:39 PM

Mark:

For those who own the previous version, does the website show that you own the product?  I own it, but the website does not indicate that I do.

Same for me-- I own it, but the website does not indicate that I do.

Posts 326
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 4:39 PM

I own the original version of the Greek and Hebrew videos and I don't see what the problem is that would cause me to want to spend more money to update them. I bought the Original Language package in L4 that used the Anderson-Forbes  Morphology, just like the Hebrew videos. I have recently updated to L6 and I still have the Anderson Forbes Hebrew Morphology available in the visual filters. So I'm not seeing a difference that makes the old videos obsolete. Biblical Greek and Hebrew certainly haven't changed for the last couple thousand years, so I see no need to upgrade.  

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS