Crazy Deals!

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 130
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:02 PM

Maybe this is old news, but I just realized that when you add ANY Logos base package to your shopping cart it drops the price of tons of other items dramatically! For example, add the bronze base package to your shopping cart and the NICOT+NICNT drops from $1,699 to $999. Tons of other deals too! Doesn't matter which base package you pick, all the deals are the same!

Posts 1898
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 1 2014 11:47 PM

What else, can you tell me?

I can't put any base package into the cart right now.

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 1:32 AM

mike:
What else, can you tell me?

They're all listed at https://www.logos.com/topproducts, but only a few show without a base package in your basket. You are shown them when you go through the checkout process with a base package.

There are a lot of options. I tried to make a list for you, but it was taking too long. This is about half of them.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 3:53 AM

Logos,

Please get your sales reps up to speed. I mentioned this sale to my sales rep on Thursday and was told by him that they were so busy taking calls they had had no meetings and had not been informed. Thankfully I have a number of denominational BP that I can add for less than $20 if I want to take advantage of these deals, but others may have to pay much more. The fact that they are not listed anywhere and that you have to add a BP to your cart makes calling a phone rep problematic.

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 5:26 AM

Mark Barnes:

They're all listed at https://www.logos.com/topproducts, but only a few show without a base package in your basket. You are shown them when you go through the checkout process with a base package.

There are a lot of options. I tried to make a list for you, but it was taking too long. This is about half of them.

Thanks, Mark for showing this. I had stopped at the Bundles option and didn't realize that I needed to go to the next step to see all the other reference works that were being offered at some of Logos best prices ever on some of their most popular titles.

I have summarized the steps that I found to get the best deals on adding on to the upgrade:

If you are considering upgrading to L6, be sure to look at the other specials that are being offered to those who upgrade, WHEN they upgrade.

1. Begin by adding your upgrade choice to your cart.

2. You will be shown a group of topical "bundles" to chose from.

3. The next step is a large group of other reference works at great prices. Many of these are the most popular reference works in Logos at the BEST prices they offer. They are organized topically. Be sure to scroll left or right to see all the titles. I highly recommend IVP 8 vol. Dictionary, Commentary on the NT Use of the OT (Beale), ISBE, AYBD, Most popular commentary sets are included, at great prices. Dynamic pricing is available for most items. This makes it a good time to pickup volumes that have been added to sets that you already have.

4. Your "wish list" (if you've used this feature on your account) is displayed with check boxes for you to add from your wish list. Items on that which are on sale show the reg. and sale price.

5. You can leave those in your cart to think about before you make your final decision.

Lots of options for Logos upgraders.

Posts 1898
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 8:54 AM

Mark Barnes:

Thanks Mark,

I cannot upgrade to any package because there's no more package for me to upgrade to, so that's why I can never get that page. Again, I'm disqualified. haha.. jk.

So you're saying that's just half? Do you mind posting the other half when you get a chance please? I appreciate it!

Also, what do you think are the best deals Mark?

Maybe if Logos' employee is reading this, can you guys fix this so that people like me can still see the offers? Thanks!

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 9:34 AM

mike:
Do you mind posting the other half when you get a chance please?

I have a better idea Smile. Just log out of the site, put Starter in your cart, and you'll be able to see them yourself.

As for great deals, there are some superb deals there. Many are better than pre-pub prices. NICNT/NICOT for $999 is probably the biggest headline, but things like socio-rhetoical for $129 or New Covenant for $59 are pretty good too.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 9:52 AM

Matt Zimmerman:
Doesn't matter which base package you pick, all the deals are the same!

Unfortunately it does. If your package happens to be a Verbum one, you get to see the offers from the L5 launch instead, but without any discounts. (This is a bug. I just wanted to warn people.)

Also, make sure to check dynamic pricing is enabled if you own part of a collection. There is at least one item for which it isn't.

Keith Larson:
I mentioned this sale to my sales rep on Thursday and was told by him that they were so busy taking calls they had had no meetings and had not been informed.

Again! Didn't Sales learn anything last time?!

Keith Larson:
Thankfully I have a number of denominational BP that I can add for less than $20 if I want to take advantage of these deals, but others may have to pay much more. The fact that they are not listed anywhere and that you have to add a BP to your cart makes calling a phone rep problematic.

You need a package in the cart to see the deals, but any sales rep should be able to give them to you without you having to buy a second package. Just tell them you weren't informed of the deals at the time of the first purchase.

Mark Barnes:
Just log out of the site, put Starter in your cart, and you'll be able to see them yourself.

I don't think so. I'm not going to try again now, but I did that yesterday. They wouldn't take me past the bundle page without a login. Presumably in order for dynamic pricing to work.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1898
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 10:00 AM

Look what I found!

Master Journal Bundle (1001 vols)for $333.. Cool (everyone's fav)

Apparently, it doesn't take me anywhere when I clicked it. Sad

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 11:58 AM

fgh:
Unfortunately it does. If your package happens to be a Verbum one, you get to see the offers from the L5 launch instead, but without any discounts. (This is a bug. I just wanted to warn people.)

That's true. But, if you add a Logos BP to your cart, then visit the top products page and add whatever you want, then replace your Logos BP with a Verbum BP, then you'll still get the discounts.

fgh:

Mark Barnes:
Just log out of the site, put Starter in your cart, and you'll be able to see them yourself.

I don't think so. I'm not going to try again now, but I did that yesterday. They wouldn't take me past the bundle page without a login. Presumably in order for dynamic pricing to work.

It's true you have to log-in if you click 'Next' after adding a base package to your cart. But you can go directly to https://www.logos.com/topproducts without needing to log-in.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 12:27 PM

If you are technically disqualified, you might try calling a Sales rep to return one of your denominational base packages then buy it again, this time with your selected additional resources in your cart?

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 12:45 PM

fgh:
Also, make sure to check dynamic pricing is enabled if you own part of a collection. There is at least one item for which it isn't.

Obviously, I can't be bothered checking every item, BUT the Fortress Press New Testament Studies Bundle is one which I have had my eye on for a while. For several months, it has been sitting in my wishlist at a dynamically priced US$546.30. When I purchase a base package, it is offered to me at US$700!   When I actually place it in my cart, it is priced at US$382.40.....

This is a good way to offer sales without getting sales.

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 2:08 PM

mike:

Also, what do you think are the best deals Mark?

Here are some of the deals that caught my eye:

IVP 8 vol. Bible Dictionary set 199.95 sale/349.95 reg  A must buy for anyone who does not already have this set.

Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary 179.95 /269.95

ISBE 89.95/129.95

Commentary on the NT Use of the OT, Beale 39.95/59.95  Excellent

NT Biblical Theology, Beale 39.95/54.95

NIV Application Commentary 719.95/949.95  Rare to find this Z set discounted

NAC set 349.95/509.95

Exegetical Summaries 419.95/554.95

College Press NIV Comm. 569.95/749.95

Most major commentary sets have great pricing, but may be cheaper in a base pkg, so the buyer should review whether it is better to buy a pkg to necessary to get the set or buy a smaller pkg and pick up the set as an add-on.

Posts 9278
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 3:10 PM

Somehow I missed the opportunity to purchase these when I ordered my Logos 6 upgrade to Portfolio. From what I'm seeing it doesn't appear that I can purchase these deals now. Sad

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 3:16 PM

If you've already purchased a Logos 6 base package, I would contact sales and ask them to allow you to buy these "crazy deals" after the event. I've done this with a couple of Bundles. I bought the Bundles several days after I bought Logos 6 Portfolio this week. After all, you're still within the refund period, so you could technically get your Logos 6 purchased refunded, and buy it again - with the crazy deals you want. (I suspect it would be far easier administratively for Logos to simply allow you to buy the crazy deals you want than refund your purchase and buy it again with some extras!)

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 3:17 PM

Bruce Dunning:
From what I'm seeing it doesn't appear that I can purchase these deals now.

I've emailed my sales rep to ask if I can take advantage of them after the fact.

Posts 9278
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 3:23 PM

Mark Barnes:

Bruce Dunning:
From what I'm seeing it doesn't appear that I can purchase these deals now.

I've emailed my sales rep to ask if I can take advantage of them after the fact.

That's a good idea. Was it me or were these deals not really obvious when upgrading? Also I'm not sure why they don't just make these available for 30 days or something like that.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 3:36 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Was it me or were these deals not really obvious when upgrading? Also I'm not sure why they don't just make these available for 30 days or something like that.

I searched and searched trying to find them. I was not interested in the bundles and thought that was all that was being offered. See my post further up on this thread for details.

There are several steps in the checkout process. After adding a base pkg to your cart, click on Proceed to move to the Bundles choices. Click on Proceed to see the Reference choices, Click on Proceed to see your Wish list choices.

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 3:55 PM

Bruce Dunning:
Was it me or were these deals not really obvious when upgrading?

They were obvious to me, in that I had to click next to get passed them all. However, I was rather to eager to get to the 'purchase' button, and therefore didn't stop to notice the steep discounts. (It doesn't have a before/after price.)

Posts 9278
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 4:01 PM

Mark Barnes:
However, I was rather to eager to get to the 'purchase' button, and therefore didn't stop to notice the steep discounts.

That's probably a more accurate description of what happened to me too.

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS