Crazy Deals!

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 4:02 PM

Mark Barnes:

Bruce Dunning:
Was it me or were these deals not really obvious when upgrading?

They were obvious to me, in that I had to click next to get passed them all. However, I was rather to eager to get to the 'purchase' button, and therefore didn't stop to notice the steep discounts. (It doesn't have a before/after price.)

If you click on the item, it will display more info, including the reg. price. It displays dynamic pricing on most sets.

Posts 13405
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 4:05 PM

Edwin Bowden:
If you click on the item, it will display more info, including the reg. price. It displays dynamic pricing on most sets.

Yeah, I know. But when I bought L6 I was a bit trigger happy Smile.

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 4:15 PM

Mark Barnes:

Edwin Bowden:

Yeah, I know. But when I bought L6 I was a bit trigger happy Smile.

I'm the slow analytical buyer. I usually build a spreadsheet and examine all my possibilities before making a buying decision.

I read all the forum posts to get the input of others.

There is a lot more info available from Logos on L6 than there was with L5. Just locating and sorting through it all seems like playing Hide and Go Seek.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 4:24 PM

Mark Barnes:
if you add a Logos BP to your cart, then visit the top products page and add whatever you want, then replace your Logos BP with a Verbum BP, then you'll still get the discounts.

Yes, I suggested that on a more Catholic thread, but I was too lazy to repeat it here as well.Smile

Mark Barnes:
It's true you have to log-in if you click 'Next' after adding a base package to your cart. But you can go directly to https://www.logos.com/topproducts without needing to log-in.

Good. I hadn't tried that.

Damian McGrath:

For several months, it has been sitting in my wishlist at a dynamically priced US$546.30. When I purchase a base package, it is offered to me at US$700!   When I actually place it in my cart, it is priced at US$382.40.....

This is a good way to offer sales without getting sales.

That too was something I brought up in the other post yesterday:

fgh:
The discounted prices now show when I have an Anglican package in the cart, but they are rather confusing. The page itself shows the full discounted prices, the popups show the dynamic ordinary prices, and only if you add things to the cart do you get to see the dynamic discounted prices. 

The dangerous one, however, is The Encyclopedia of Christianity. $249.95 whether you own 0 volumes or 4. And if there's one like that there could be more.

Mark Barnes:

Bruce Dunning:

They were obvious to me, in that I had to click next to get passed them all. However, I was rather to eager to get to the 'purchase' button, and therefore didn't stop to notice the steep discounts. (It doesn't have a before/after price.)

Many people probably end up researching some bundle, and then going directly from there to the cart. Or they buy from a sales rep who doesn't mention them. 

This is definitely the most under-advertised of all Logos' sales. My impression is that the percentage of buyers who even find out about it is minimal.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 13405
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 4:48 PM

Edwin Bowden:
I usually build a spreadsheet and examine all my possibilities before making a buying decision.

I did that when purchasing my base package, which took me hours. Then I got to the the bundles page, which I wasn't expecting, and that took me even longer. So by the time I got to the top products page, the day was nearly gone Smile

Posts 131
Matt Zimmerman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 5:13 PM

Bruce Dunning:

These "deals" are not the add-on "packages" you are offered when you upgrade. These deals that I was commenting on are simply sales on individual titles. This was not offered to me when I added a base package to my cart. The only reason I realized it was I had another product in my cart at the same time and had a shock and awe moment.

Posts 31
yellowchops | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 9:41 PM

I missed these deals because I wait to purchase them with my sales guy that I originally worked with so he would get commission for the sale so I didn't see these deals.  :(

NICOT looks pretty good and a couple of others.

Posts 8645
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 6:46 AM

Mark Barnes:
I have a better idea Smile. Just log out of the site, put Starter in your cart, and you'll be able to see them yourself.
Probably the only really legit use of "incognito mode" on a browser. Smile

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2289
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 7:12 AM

I missed them too.  I guess that is one and only disadvantage to buying through a sales rep. 

Posts 1029
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 7:13 AM

TCBlack:

Mark Barnes:
I have a better idea Smile. Just log out of the site, put Starter in your cart, and you'll be able to see them yourself.

You forgot buying presents for your wife

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 7:50 AM

Mike Pettit:

TCBlack:

Or checking e-mails (or anything else requiring a login) in an internet café when you're abroad.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8645
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 7:59 AM

fgh:

Mike Pettit:

TCBlack:

Or checking e-mails (or anything else requiring a login) in an internet café when you're abroad.

You win.  Yes

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1561
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:00 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Mark Barnes:
However, I was rather to eager to get to the 'purchase' button, and therefore didn't stop to notice the steep discounts.

That's probably a more accurate description of what happened to me too.

Same with me, although I did see the picture of the deals while I was hitting the trigger. 

Well, maybe next time in a similar situation I'll shoot the BECNT Wink

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 2846
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:26 AM

When I bought my package, I got a great deal on the ICC and Tim Keller Sermon Library.  My strategy was to upgrade to a base package that I got at a bargain price through dynamic pricing, and then fill out the package with the ICC and Tim Keller Sermon Library which I had wanted for some time.

I was very happy.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 4101
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:30 AM

Gao Lu:

I missed them too.  I guess that is one and only disadvantage to buying through a sales rep. 

If you email Rusty, he'll take care of you :)

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 89
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 10:44 AM

why not return logos 6.  then buy it again and get your discounts.

Posts 9356
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 10:53 AM

Dm:

I know that this can be done but I don't want to put myself or Logos through this. Ideally Logos will offer this or I will can someone is sales.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 343
Abram K-J | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 10:58 AM

I'm not sure if it's because of my academic discount, but IVP Reference Collection (when added to a cart with a L6 base package) shows up as $72.03!

Abram K-J: Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant
Blog: Words on the Word

Posts 343
Abram K-J | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 11:05 AM

And Bavinck is half off.

Abram K-J: Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant
Blog: Words on the Word

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 12:33 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Dm:

I know that this can be done but I don't want to put myself or Logos through this. Ideally Logos will offer this or I will can someone is sales.

Bruce,

If you have a portfolio package, you will get deep discounts for top products and bundles without getting another base package.  Remember the Portfolio Advantage promise? Wink.  Contact by phone or e-mail

Todd Cullop Todd.Cullop@faithlife.com 

Maggie Segar msegar@faithlife.com

They will take care of you.  I like my sales reps because they took time to go through my purchase history and return products I purchased earlier that will make the upgrade much cheaper similar to what Rusty did for abondservant.  Smile

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS