[ACK] Bug: Can't add non-Bibles with a Bible index to the Passage List

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 2 2014 4:44 AM

I can't add some resources to the passage list tool. This is particularly frustrating when using the Ancient Literature section. So, I can add NPNF1 volumes 1-5 and 9, but I can't add volumes 6-8 and 10-14.

It appears that the logic is that if the resource is not a Bible, but has a Bible index, then it can't be added. Non-Bibles that don't have a Bible index can be added.

I can understand why this restriction might have been put in place (to prevent commentaries in the passage list tool), but it's a very blunt instrument that means we're left with situations like this:

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 8:57 AM

Bump.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 21 2015 12:09 PM

Just came across this again. Please could someone from Logos at least make sure this bug has been noted Smile.

Posts 26117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 20 2015 6:07 PM

appears to be a very slippery problem as it keeps slipping through the cracks

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 7953
LogosEmployee

I've filed a bug report on this.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 15 2017 6:12 AM

Can I just flag this up again? It's still an issue two and a half-years on, and it's very frustrating It doesn't seem like it would be a big job to ensure that all resources could be selected in a Passage List document (or at least all resources apart from bible-commentary).

Posts 26117
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2018 2:59 PM

Is this still the case? (aka bump)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 7953
LogosEmployee

There has been no progress on fixing this.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS