Bible and Its Story Resolution Drop in Logos 6..... Why????

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Ice Deep | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 2 2014 2:39 PM

Hi Logos,

I pretty much only buy logos books for the visuals contained to use in teaching. I was VERY disappointed to see the remade Bible and It's Story in logos 6. No matter how I save the picture the resolution has dropped significantly from the last version.

Examples:

In Volume 2. The "God Speaks to Israel" picture used to save as at 2212 x 1466 now it only saves as 1024 x 769. I am assuming that you guys did this to get rid of it using so much space, but for people like me who want big exportable pictures, this was a step backwards. I tried it with four others and they were all the same.

Wayne

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 5:43 PM

I don't have an answer, but I hope someone does.  Some of the pics are so tiny that they almost come up as thumb nails, which renders them useless in presentations!  THAT is a serious problem!

I anticipate the answer...

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 5:49 PM

Ice Deep:
In Volume 2. The "God Speaks to Israel" picture used to save as at 2212 x 1466 now it only saves as 1024 x 769. I am assuming that you guys did this to get rid of it using so much space, but for people like me who want big exportable pictures, this was a step backwards. I tried it with four others and they were all the same.

There's currently a bug when you copy media items to the clipboard, or save them as files. I would hope that when that's fixed we'll be back to the normal resolution. The work around for the time being is to use the Visual Copy tool, which has a limit of 1024 pixels.

Posts 21
Ice Deep | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 8:16 PM

I think you guys are talking about the weird small version with huge white borders on each side. I could get past that and get a decent copy using the "visual copy" option on the right click menu, but as I mentioned in my original post, it is still a lower res pic than the original one I exported.

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:07 AM

Ice Deep:
I could get past that and get a decent copy using the "visual copy" option on the right click menu, but as I mentioned in my original post, it is still a lower res pic than the original one I exported.

Yeah, I know that. But Visual Copy is a different tool, so we shouldn't necessarily expect it to behave in exactly the same way as normal copy. You probably don't want hi-res photos sent to Powerpoint or Facebook. If normal copy was working, we wouldn't mind if Visual Copy is limited to 1024px.

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 4:49 AM

Mark Barnes:

Ice Deep:
I could get past that and get a decent copy using the "visual copy" option on the right click menu, but as I mentioned in my original post, it is still a lower res pic than the original one I exported.

Yeah, I know that. But Visual Copy is a different tool, so we shouldn't necessarily expect it to behave in exactly the same way as normal copy. You probably don't want hi-res photos sent to Powerpoint or Facebook. If normal copy was working, we wouldn't mind if Visual Copy is limited to 1024px.

Wonderful to know.  Thanks!

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS