Down loaded 10.17 gig file Logos not indexing

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 38
William Norman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 2 2014 3:28 PM

After downloading 10.17 gigs. Logos did not index. My library is useless. Out of over 12000 resources I only have a few actually working. When I click on a resource most are saying,                                                 "This resource is no longer in your library".

Is there a command to make the software index so that I can use my library?

Posts 23951
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 3:31 PM

I believe it is simply rebuild index ... you will find it in help under commands.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 23053
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 3:42 PM

William Norman:
After downloading 10.17 gigs. Logos did not index.

Try restarting the computer, then start Logos, which should cause it to index or Discover resources.  Otherwise the command rebuild index will be needed.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 38
William Norman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 5:54 PM

Indexing didn't solve the problem, restarting the computer didn't work either. I have loaded another  974 mg of resources. I'm in the process of loading 2.04 gig of resources as I'm posting. For all intents and purposes Logos 6 for me is broke. My profile says I own over 12000 resources but my library says 10664. When I look at the base package I own it still says L5 portfolio. I guess I'll be on the phone tomorrow.

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 5:56 PM

I have this issue and use scan command for works.

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 3859
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 2 2014 6:04 PM

Ben:

I have this issue and use scan command for works.

That might be worth trying.

In your command bar, type Scan (logos resource folder). This would look something like: Scan C:\users\Abondservant\application data\ (etc). Its different depending on whether you have windows or a mac as well. My install path is non-standard, and so I'm going off memory here.

You need to restart after you submit the command.

However, I would suggest waiting till the downloads stop.

Update Resources may be a better first step if you haven't tried it yet.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum (etc),  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Silver

Posts 38
William Norman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:01 AM

The scan command doesn't work in Logos 6. It tries to do a library search. This new program is useless.

Posts 19229
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:09 AM

William Norman:
The scan command doesn't work in Logos 6. It tries to do a library search

That normally suggests the command wasn't quite right

What, exactly, did you type?

Posts 15
Shane Kim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 1:38 AM

I had a same issue, but one reboot solved the problem.

Posts 38
William Norman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 2:23 PM

Scan C:\users\username\applicationdata\local\logos\data\z1v1e0bd.d25\ResourceManager\Resources

Posts 23053
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 4:38 AM

William Norman:

Scan C:\users\username\applicationdata\local\logos\data\z1v1e0bd.d25\ResourceManager\Resources

That should be

Scan C:\users\username\AppData\local\logos\data\z1v1e0bd.d25\ResourceManager\Resources

assuming username is your account name.

The way to get the path accurate is to go down that path in File Explorer, click in the Find box and then copy/paste the path.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS