No auto - footnotes for Logos in PAGES

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 852
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 3 2014 3:50 PM

I thought I had asked this question here, but I guess not. I cannot get Text - copied from Logos - to paste into Pages WITH a footnote at the bottom of the page - as in Microsoft WORD for Mac.

Any help with this ???? ideas ??? work-arounds ???

??????????????????

Posts 21716
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 3:53 PM

Last I heard this was an issue in recent versions of Pages

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 3:57 PM

Ron Corbett:
Any help with this ???? ideas ??? work-arounds ???

My workaround is this: when you paste from Logos as plain text, it adds the citation immediately after the quote (but not as a footnote). For example:

It is a beautiful thing to grow old gracefully, to manifest more of Jesus from day to day. Our blessed Head is the One from whom we draw all our supplies for spiritual upbuilding

H. A. Ironside, In the Heavenlies : Practical Expository Addresses on the Epistle to the Ephesians. (Neptune, NJ: Loizeaux Brothers, 1937), 204.

Now, to get it to paste as plain text, you need a third party app. Typically, a clipboard manager will do the trick. I use Launchbar, but others like Flycut (free in the Mac App Store) will also work. Just copy from Logos then paste as plain text from the third-party app.

After pasting, you then would have to select and copy the citation, then paste it into a footnote manually.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS