Hebrew Cantillations - is it working for you?

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 20 2015 2:49 AM

Looking forward to it

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 2 2015 10:33 AM
Russ Hawkins:
Very soon, and thanks for asking
Maybe until we get Logos 7 this will be done working...
Posts 9051
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 10:50 AM

The new tool just downloaded to my computer. Very nice! Thanks for redesigning this and making it work!

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1822
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 11:00 AM

Looking forward to downloading this.

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 11:17 AM
Well, Logos 7 it's not here yet, but we have a new redesigned Hebrew Cantillations working. Thanks, Logos! Unfortunately we can't print them... Martin.
Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 11 2015 6:08 PM

Very intuitive. Very well presented. Nice work, Logos! Yes

Posts 7
Joseph Lukowski | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 12:52 PM

Hello, folks - thank you so much for the cantillations - they throw much light on the Hebrew Scriptures. Quick question - the previous version of Cantillations offered the "box view" and the "line view" - is there any way that users may still be able to access these formats of the Cantillations? Thanks!

Posts 9051
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 1:05 PM

Joseph Lukowski:
the previous version of Cantillations offered the "box view" and the "line view" - is there any way that users may still be able to access these formats of the Cantillations?

There is no option to do this right now. I believe that approach was abandoned for the current approach. My guess is that unless a lot of folks want the previous views, Logos will not spend the time to develop them.

(I suspect those views had something to do with the problems Logos was having making the tool work. Or it may be they wanted to use an approach that is more like others they use in graphically demonstrating clause and word relationships, which this is.)

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 7
Joseph Lukowski | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:25 PM

Mark -

Thanks for the update.

Here is a link where I used the box and line version of the Cantillation to explain a text.

http://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/a/15640/921

I hope that this example will help to show how valuable was the previous version of the Cantillations. As it stands, I can no longer do such analysis with the "new and improved" version of the Cantillations software.

Posts 9051
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 25 2015 8:02 PM

Joseph Lukowski:
I hope that this example will help to show how valuable was the previous version of the Cantillations. As it stands, I can no longer do such analysis with the "new and improved" version of the Cantillations software.

Yes, those views are certainly valuable.

To get a bit more exposure to this question, may I suggest you begin a new thread in the L6 Forum along the lines of "Please return box and line layouts to Hebrew Cantillations Interactive?" Then explain what you would like (the title says it, really) and link to the example you gave as a reason for doing so.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 7
Joseph Lukowski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 2:34 PM

Done - thanks!

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS