BUG: I keep seeing a weird bug in Guides

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 568
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:14 PM

I am seeing this in two Guides in particular: Topic Guide and Word Study Guide. The bug is that I cannot scroll further in the Guide.

I can see Biblical Events here in the Topic Guide (this is actually my customization of the Topic Guide, which I call Topic Guide Expanded), but I cannot scroll down to see it. If I click on it to expand it, it expands, but I STILL cannot scroll down to see it. And I know there are more sections underneath Biblical Events.

In Bible Word Study, if I expand a section, I cannot scroll further. I have to collapse it before I can see any other section.

Then here it is with Topic Expanded.

I literally cannot scroll past the Phrases section. I never had this problem in Logos 5.

It appears to work right in my combination Passage Exegetical Guide. Just not in Topic Guide or Bible Word Study. Anyone else seeing this weird bug?

Logos 8.7.0.0042 + Faithlife Connect | macOS Mojave 10.14.6 | Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 15" | 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD PCIe Express

Posts 568
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:16 PM

I would like to show a video of this happening, but I'm not sure how to do so. Anyone with suggestions on how to do that? It would make it SO much easier to demonstrate what I am seeing.

FYI, I am using Logos 6 SR-3 on OS X 10.10 Yosemite on a Late 2008 Macbook.

Logos 8.7.0.0042 + Faithlife Connect | macOS Mojave 10.14.6 | Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 15" | 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD PCIe Express

Posts 1573
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:21 PM

You can use QuickTime and make a screen recording. Look under "File" on the menu bar and click "new screen recording."

Posts 568
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:57 PM

Okay so here is the video I was able to create. First I scroll with my mouse. But since you can't tell that I am attempting to scroll, I went to my trackpad so you could see the bounce that happens because it can't scroll and thinks it is at the end. I did notice in Bible Word Study Guide, if I open Hebrew Words, then I can scroll again. But when I collapse it and just have Topic expanded, it no longer wants to scroll.

Logos Guides Not Scrolling.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

Posts 109
Larry Heflin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 3 2014 10:24 PM

I wasn't able to get your video to load, but what you described is happening to me in Psalms Explorer. It started working correctly yesterday while I was clicking around, but I just tested it again and it's not sliding all the way down at the moment. 

Posts 568
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 4 2014 3:17 PM

That is weird that it won't work. I will try posting it again. The video.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS