Notes and tags

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 24689
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 13 2017 4:01 PM

Dale Garman:
I have tags on various notes, and when I use this form of search I get nothing. 

Tags like these?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2
Meeshell Biblestudy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 14 2017 3:14 PM

Yes tags like those.  I put various theology tags for my notes, so I can see all my notes on eschatology for example, but it doesn't work.  So I just decided to organize ALL my notes in favorites by my own categories.

Posts 24689
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 8:26 AM

Dale Garman:
I have tags on various notes, and when I use this form of search I get nothing.

I suggest you create a thread in the Logos 7 forum and illustrate your problem with screen shots of your Search and Notes similar to what I did here.

Dale Garman:
I have Logos ver 7.6.  Does this only work with a subscription service by any chance. 

No - it should work with Logos 7 irrespective of base package/subscription.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24689
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 8:31 AM

Machelle Deck:
 I put various theology tags for my notes, so I can see all my notes on eschatology for example, but it doesn't work.

The latest changes may only be available with Logos 7. Logos 6 is no longer supported.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2
Chaplain Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 9:03 AM

This is very disappointing. If the tags I add in my notes caused that respective note to appear in the "Search: Everything," (as demonstrated below) it would be much more beneficial. There is also something to be said about KISS. The more intricate the parameters/code/process requirements for me to accomplish any specified task in finding any of my information, the less likely that tool will be used, and the less effective the platform becomes overall. In other words, user experience should be considered.

If there is an update to this, or if there is in fact a way to accomplish this task, please do let me know. Thanks for your consideration!

Posts 9910
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 3:28 AM

Hi Ryan,

welcome to the Logos user forums!

You are currently posting in a thread several years old, in a subforum dedicated to an outdated version of Logos. From your screenshot I infer you are running the latest version, though, Logos 8. 

Chaplain Ryan:
If the tags I add in my notes caused that respective note to appear in the "Search: Everything," (as demonstrated below) it would be much more beneficial.

Faithlife decided to fully revamp the notes system and to ship the updated version together with Logos 8 - while this gives a lot of new functionality, some existing features that used to work under Logos 7 are not yet developed to parity. It seems that displaying the tags associated to notes in the Everything search is the #1 item on the list of missing but upcoming functionality. Most probably it will become available in some weeks, after going through a public beta cycle. 

While it is not as convenient as the Everything search, it is possible to search for those tags within the new Notes tool (I'm running the latest Release Candidate for Logos 8.3, so it could be that this is a feature coming to your Logos early next week).

I hope this helps a bit - if not, just come back with questions and we'll try to sort it out.

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2
Chaplain Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2019 7:02 AM

Thanks so much for your reply. I will try to implement your work-around while looking forward to the developments you mention.

Respectfully,

Ryan

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS