Mavericks and Logos 6

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 177
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 12:36 AM

Certainly seems to be related to older MacBooks. Using a late 2009 model and being downloading 5GB for more than a week. PC with Windows 8.1 took a couple of hours.

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 3:14 AM

Have you seen this, beta of 10.10.1 is out, allegedly addresses WiFi problems. I wonder if anyone having the problem is able/desires to get on the beta program (must be a registered developer to do so)?

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2842894/yosemite-10101-update-to-address-wi-fi.html 

Posts 52
RPW | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 6:37 PM

Thanks, Alabama. I understand that, just trying to find if there are some consistencies.

Ron

Posts 52
RPW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 10:27 PM

Just a quick update. I took the leap this afternoon. Upgraded to L6 Platinum from L5 Platinum, plus a bit more. Went beautifully. From start to finish took less than 1 hour. Was back up and finishing prep for Sunday.

Thanks to all for input and suggestions and for the Logos, er, Faithlife team for a great product.

RPW

Posts 4
Rodney Underwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 3:39 AM

Same here, I have a late 2012 27" iMac with a 3.2Ghz Intel Core i5 with 8 gigs of ram . It's now going on 1 week 2 days . I turned off the wi fi and connected the either net wire directly to my mac and it's still crawling at a snells pace. Now my late 2007 PC with 4 gigs of ram and quad core processor, it took only  2 days to down load and index...Thankfully I have both platforms or I would be having a fit right about now.. more info i have at least 10 gig of info per my down loads.

Posts 28560
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 4:31 AM

Rodney Underwood:
I turned off the wi fi and connected the either net wire directly to my mac and it's still crawling at a snells pace.

There are some threads with MANY suggestions, but I have one for you to try. 

1. Keep your WIFI & Blutooth off and use ethernet
  2. Make sure "automatic downloads" is turned off in logos settings.
  3. restart your computer
  4. open up "activity monitor" in OS X utilities, and click on the "network" tab
  5. wait a minute to see if Logos starts indexing.
  6. once the indexer icon disappears, start up logos
  7. when the "there is a download" bar appears, click on it to start the download.
  8. when the indexer/download icon appears above, press command-Q to quit logos (the download will continue)
  9. keep an eye on the logos download/indexer in the "activity monitor." If you see the download stall for several minutes, kill it and go back to step 3

This method has worked three times for me... but I have also done many of the other "fixes," so I am unsure if this was a fluke, a combination of all the things I have tried, or a genuine fix.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4
Rodney Underwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 2:53 PM

Thanks for the info, I've done as you suggested I'm now at 53%, 1.86 gig left...soon and very soon..

Posts 28560
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 3:06 PM

Rodney Underwood:

Thanks for the info, I've done as you suggested I'm now at 53%, 1.86 gig left...soon and very soon..

Let us know how it goes. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4
Rodney Underwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 6:58 PM

Good evening, I have 64.5mb left. This is what I did , the yellow tri angle with the exclamation mark, when having over it will let you what going on, apparently what was happening is that indexing and down loading were happending at the same time. I canceled the down loads and let  indexing process finish, then I let the down load continue. Also I have an app called memory clean, using this I would clean the cache and other memory hogs throgh out this process.

Posts 5301
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 9:08 PM

Not to discount possible Yosemite issues. I am wondering if there is some setting in Logos 6 causing timeouts to happen quicker. My last 402 MB was being very stubborn and I could not get them to download. Itook my MBP with me and turned off wifi and bt tried downloading it over USB on my iPAD... 3G signal was strong but it still died off at 45% (before this at home on my satellite based internet it was dying off 3-5%. When I got to a spot with decent LTE signal i tried again and it downloaded without issue. I have experienced not problems with any other program but Logos. It honestly feels like Logos won't download unless it has a very high speed connection (whether this is the case or not I don;t know I can only tell you my experience).

-Dan

Posts 4
Rodney Underwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 16 2014 4:22 PM

Just and update , just finished install and update on ma Mac , it's been a long two weeks, yes two weeks, I should be up set, but I'm not as I stated earlier, I down loaded L6 on my pc first, then on my MAC. The PC on took two days , that was instal and indexing... I did follow the instruction, it help but it was a long process 

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS