Activation Problems

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 29 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Robert Carter | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 12 2010 2:08 AM

I have just installed the Scholars edition of Logos 4 on DVD to replace an existing installation of version 3.

I initially installed it on Mac and when opening, was asked for my activation details. When entered, the application kept asking for my activation code. To use the app I had to use the activate later option. This of course starts the countdown of days remaining. As far as I know, everything else is fine.

As an experiment, I installed the same application on windows XP via Parallels 5 on my mac and the same thing happens. 

I have not deleted Version 3.

The Mac OS is Snow Leopard and I use Windows XP. All computer resources are more than adequate and fully updated. In fact, I find that the few windows apps I still use work better like this than on a dedicated windows PC.

The full application seems to be working well on the windows component.

Any clues?

Robert Carter

Posts 26012
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 2:57 AM

Have you signed in to L4 (this dialog http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_Not_Starting) with the credentials you use to gain access to your web account and the forum?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5
Vincent Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 12:54 AM

I have the same problem as Robert Carter, I tried "Logos_Not_Starting" procedure, it did not fix the problem. What should I do now?

Vincent Cheung

Posts 26012
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 3:20 AM

Vince,

What OS are you running  (XP, Win7)?

If you tried to install via the DVD I would suggest to install L4 from http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/Logos4Setup.exe with the DVD in the drive. If the download is too large you can always Cancel it and then get resources from the DVD (Start L4 with DVD still in drive).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8851
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 12:33 PM

Robert Carter:

I initially installed it on Mac and when opening, was asked for my activation details. When entered, the application kept asking for my activation code. To use the app I had to use the activate later option. This of course starts the countdown of days remaining. As far as I know, everything else is fine.

Did you enter the serial number that came with the DVD? Your account doesn't show that any Logos 4 serial numbers have been activated, which is why it keeps prompting you to enter a serial number to activate.

Posts 21
Robert Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 1:00 PM

Thanks Dave. Yes. I have done this on both Mac and Windows XP. Each time I try, the window requesting activation code still opens, but with a third option, "Never" in addition to the later and activate now options.

Dave Hooton:

Have you signed in to L4 (this dialog http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_Not_Starting) with the credentials you use to gain access to your web account and the forum?

Posts 21
Robert Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 1:09 PM

Hi Bradley,

Yes.

I have used the information in the sticker on the back cover and inserted the code with and without the dashes between the numbers.

Robert 

Bradley Grainger:

Robert Carter:

Did you enter the serial number that came with the DVD? Your account doesn't show that any Logos 4 serial numbers have been activated, which is why it keeps prompting you to enter a serial number to activate.

Posts 2
celt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 2:41 PM

I'm one more person having this problem

Posts 5
Vincent Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 8:02 PM

I am using Window Vista (32).

Posts 21
Robert Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 8:37 PM

EricLWescott:

I'm one more person having this problem

Thanks Eric.

I suspect that this is a much bigger problem than I originally thought.

I have tried it on my Dell PC, my MacPro notebook and my mail iMac, on windows XP as well as Snow Leopard.

Hi also to Vincent. Try getting a Mac and give Bill Gates the flick! It was the best move I made. I do not intend upgrading the XP I have, but keep it for those few remaining windows apps I have retained. They work better on theMAc than on a PC.

Robert 

Posts 5
Vincent Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 9:02 PM

Hi Robert and Eric.

I did try all the suggestions given without success, haven't tried it on my iMac yet, perhaps when ministry slow down a bit...

Vincent.

Posts 26012
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:00 AM

BUMP!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8851
LogosEmployee

Robert Carter:

I have used the information in the sticker on the back cover and inserted the code with and without the dashes between the numbers.

Hi Robert,

Please email your serial number to me (bgrainger@ my company) and I'll check if it's valid. If it is, we'll investigate why it's not activating; if not, we'll issue you a new one.

Posts 2
celt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 10:16 AM

Hopefully the proper end of your email is "@logos.com", which I just used.  Otherwise some bgrainger person at your evil twin company just got my activation code!   Indifferent

Posts 8851
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 10:46 AM

Update: The serial number is correct, but the Logos4.log file (see http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging) indicates a problem activating the serial number over the internet. I've passed this along to our server team and will update this thread when I have more details.

Posts 8851
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 11:39 AM

Update: This error occurs when there are multiple logos.com accounts linked to the same Libronix Customer ID; in order to prevent inappropriate use of another user's Libronix account, the server prevents activation. The best way to deal with this is to call CS, who are experts at resolving the issues involved in having multiple accounts (sometimes there are orders on one, prepubs on another, etc.)

Robert, I looked up your account, and found what appears to be a duplicate account under an old email address. Since it's not convenient for you to call CS, I'll merge the accounts; once this is done, your activation should be successful.

If anyone else is having this problem, please call our toll-free support line (800-875-6467) to talk to Customer Service about getting your accounts fixed.

Posts 21
Robert Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 11:56 AM

Thank you Badley, or should say thanks mate?

I started using Logos when it was on a few floppy disks, so I'm not surprized.

I appreciate your help.

Actually, I am considering moving to America this year, obtain dual US/Australia citizenship and live in the Bellingham area. I'll live 5 months in Australia & 5 there, so will drop by and say hello (G'day)!

Robert

Bradley Grainger:

Update: This error occurs when there are multiple logos.com accounts linked to the same Libronix Customer ID; in order to prevent inappropriate use of another user's Libronix account, the server prevents activation. The best way to deal with this is to call CS, who are experts at resolving the issues involved in having multiple accounts (sometimes there are orders on one, prepubs on another, etc.)

Robert, I looked up your account, and found what appears to be a duplicate account under an old email address. Since it's not convenient for you to call CS, I'll merge the accounts; once this is done, your activation should be successful.

If anyone else is having this problem, please call our toll-free support line (800-875-6467) to talk to Customer Service about getting your accounts fixed.

Posts 21
Robert Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 11:57 AM

Hi Bradley.. my apologies. I did not spell your name properly last time.

Robert

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:23 PM

Robert Carter:

Hi Bradley.. my apologies. I did not spell your name properly last time.

Robert

Greetings Robert,

If you ever notice you made a typo, or posted something you wish you had not Embarrassed , or mis-spelled a word,, you can edit your post for about the first 10 hours. You go up to the "More" button on the right hand side, click the "edit" option on the drop-down menu, and add that "r" to Badley Grainger's name. Big Smile Of course, if someone quotes you before you edit the post, it gets memorialized forever if they don't go edit it back out of their post.

This is also handy for deleting whole paragraphs of reactionary tirades if you ever develop that bad habit I have acquired.

btw: you still have time to change Badley to Bradley...                           G'Day!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2
Tim Rine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:33 PM

The following box immediately pops up when I tried to download Logos 4.

“Setup was unable to download a required file.”

What can I do?

I have a PC

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS