Feature Already Available: Make the updated resources window a floatable window

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 5 2014 8:08 AM

Occasionally we see requests for a way to see what resources are being updated.  It's a perfectly reasonable request. And it's already there.

Logos 4-5 had a list of them on the home page, but it sometimes took up a lot of room. It also degraded over a few days and disappeared.

Logos 6 now places a notification on the notification bar that alerts you to the updated resources.

If I get one or two resources, the updated resources window is fine.  But with 162 this morning, I want to investigate.  It would sure be nice to see them all.  

With L4 & L5 I could just expand the list on the home page, but as I already mentioned, that list degrades over a few days and eventually gets bumped off.  It would be nice to see something more permanent.  

Well you can and it's been there all along and it's pretty simple. 

Open your Library in a floating window (right click on your Library icon.)

If the "last updated" facet is not already available right click in the filters and turn it on.  Then, click that column to sort it in descending order so you can see everything you've gotten today (or yesterday, or... )

Now just scoot your library window over to one side and start clicking and checking out the updates.

Simple as that.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3294
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 1:14 PM

Now if we could only get resource update release notes! Big Smile

Ok, that might be asking quite a bit much.....

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 1627
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 1:18 PM

Yes

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 1:25 PM

I thought we agreed that the library updates were strictly resources; the home page reflected more?  I don't have our dog in this discussion; he's just sitting on the porch with a glass of tea.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 22
Elina A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 6:54 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Now if we could only get resource update release notes! Big Smile

Yes

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 5 2014 7:00 PM

Denise:

I thought we agreed that the library updates were strictly resources; the home page reflected more?  I don't have our dog in this discussion; he's just sitting on the porch with a glass of tea.

True, you can't see database updates that way. But even on the home page you couldn't click to see those, only see that they were listed.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS