Feature Request: Include source title in the Clippings Find function

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 811
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 12 2010 8:52 AM | Locked

I have clippings from the book "The Pursuit of Holiness".  If I open the Find window (Ctrl+F) in Clippings, and search for "Pursuit" to find all my clippings from that book, I get no results.  It seems the clipping title (top-middle of clipping), body, tags and notes are included in the find function, but not the source (top-left of the clipping).

It would be very helpful to include the source of the clipping in the Clippings find function.

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 8:23 PM | Locked

Tim Hensler:

I have clippings from the book "The Pursuit of Holiness".  If I open the Find window (Ctrl+F) in Clippings, and search for "Pursuit" to find all my clippings from that book, I get no results.  It seems the clipping title (top-middle of clipping), body, tags and notes are included in the find function, but not the source (top-left of the clipping).

It would be very helpful to include the source of the clipping in the Clippings find function.

Hi our database says this feature is already implemented and will be available in 4.0c Beta 1

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 5:44 AM | Locked

This appears to be working as of 4.0c Beta 1.

But...I find it annoying that the Find function in Clippings works as a filter rather than searching for text. If I've got a bunch of huge clippings and I want to find where a particular word or Scripture reference is mentioned in one of them, I have to select them, copy, paste into Word and then search there. Not very convenient.

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2010 11:24 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:

This appears to be working as of 4.0c Beta 1.

But...I find it annoying that the Find function in Clippings works as a filter rather than searching for text. If I've got a bunch of huge clippings and I want to find where a particular word or Scripture reference is mentioned in one of them, I have to select them, copy, paste into Word and then search there. Not very convenient.

This issue you are mentioning is also in our database and applies to notes searching as well. Look for a fix in a future release - not sure when though.

Edit: I have included this thread in that case.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS