Preaching From Notes on Mobile Device

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 57
William | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 7 2014 3:24 PM

When I preach from my Nexus 7 (Android), I usually preach from my manuscript in PDF form.  Last week, I wrote my sermon in the notes section of logos.  In my master note I made each section of my sermon as an individual note.

While preaching, as I finish each section, I swipe to the right and that section deletes and everything moves up.  This has been one of the best ways to preach without scrolling and the current section is always at the top. There is an "undelete all" at the bottom and I hit that when I'm done and the entire sermon comes back (of course I preach from a copy of the note just in case the undelete fails)

I'm not sure if the delete function is the same on iPad but if your looking for a way to not get lost scrolling or turning pages, you might want to try preaching from Logos notes and swiping as you progress. 

Bill

Posts 25328
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 3:32 PM

Hi Bill - interesting idea

On ipad, you need to swipe left and this pops up a delete button.

But, as far as I can tell, there isn't an undelete function.

Graham

Posts 1776
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 4:58 PM

A great real life example of someone using Logos...awesome.

Posts 517
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 9:49 AM

William:
When I preach from my Nexus 7 (Android), I usually preach from my manuscript in PDF form.

I found that launching the pdf in the Kindle app allows me to swipe from left to right to advance pages. That's my preferred way, much better than up/down swiping for me.

I haven't tried it in the Logos App.  That's interesting.

Posts 2780
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 10:12 AM

JoshInRI:

A great real life example of someone using Logos...awesome.

Yes

Posts 2769
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 10:52 AM

I never even thought about doing this. Can I assume that the notes would be available  after being on WiFi? Our congregation doesn't have WiFi. I've thought about getting a mobile hotspot, but that is only a wish list item at present.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2510
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 11:02 AM

mab:

I never even thought about doing this. Can I assume that the notes would be available  after being on WiFi? Our congregation doesn't have WiFi. I've thought about getting a mobile hotspot, but that is only a wish list item at present.

Almost any smartphone can serve as a mobile hotspot depending upon your cellular plan. Most do not allow you to place a phone call and act as a hotspot at the same time, but how many calls do you make during a church service? I have used the hotspot in my iPhone to access Logos on my Surface Pro while worshipping in congregation that did not offer public wifi.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 25328
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 12:27 PM

mab:

I never even thought about doing this. Can I assume that the notes would be available  after being on WiFi? Our congregation doesn't have WiFi. I've thought about getting a mobile hotspot, but that is only a wish list item at present.

Notes should be available without WiFi connection assuming they were synced to your device when network-connected 

I have used notes for preaching frequently when offline

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS