Dynamic pricing vs. talking to sales rep

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3703
Milkman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 7 2014 9:46 PM

So if we/I buy a resource without talking to a s/r and it's dynamically priced, would we save any more money talking in person or not?

mm.

Posts 812
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 7 2014 10:06 PM

I can't answer that with certainty, but just add that for me, I got TWO phone calls and TWO emails (from different people claiming to be my rep), and in both instances, the quote to upgrade with sources was HIGHER from the phone calls than just ordering it through dynamic pricing.  Not saying that is always the case, but it was mine this week.

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 3:40 AM

Milkman:

So if we/I buy a resource without talking to a s/r and it's dynamically priced, would we save any more money talking in person or not?

It depends. Often the reps aren't able to give you discounts above dynamic pricing. But if your dynamic pricing discount isn't substantial, or it's a product that had a low prepub price or is frequently discounted, then your rep might be able to do better.

Posts 1563
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 5:18 AM

Like Cynthia, I received an email from LOGOS that an item in my "Wish List" was on sale--to just go to my "Wish List" and look for the pricing in red.  So I did that and saw that the price for the IVP Dictionary series was in red and telling me it was a 36% discount off the regular price.  But the price looked very familiar so I did a little back-tracking and confirmed that it was exactly the same as the dynamic price I've had before for the series.  So I called and spoke with a sales rep--asked him what was going on.  He acknowledged the price in red wasn't really a discount at all--just my standard dynamic pricing.  He apologized, discounted the price for me and said he would speak to someone at LOGOS about the issue.

Bottom line is I'm not sure if the red price and the 36% off note was a mistake, or... if the displayed price was just wrong, but I appreciate the way the rep handled the situation.

Posts 1112
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 6:15 AM

I have found that it is better to call my sales rep, and i waited 3 days until  he could give the best price before i did upgrade. And also my price was about $300.00 less than the listed dynamic price. 

So i think you will not always get more of a discount, But it can not hurt to ask.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 6:35 AM

Milkman:

I would say "Sometimes". That is my experience, and I'm not a heavy, continuous buyer.

I think Logos is trying to syncronize the "Dynamic" price and the price the SR will quote you, however, very heavy buyers may in fact get a much better deal than the "dynamic" price listed (which is understandable). My thoughts. Smile

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 7:22 AM

From my own experience, I will go with the general consensus and say it depends. For the L6 upgrade, if I'd gone with the first couple of quotes my sales rep gave me, I'd have lost out. Yet, if I had gone with the prices the website was giving me at the time, I'd have lost out as well.  It took a bit of comparing and asking probing questions before I felt satisfied with the prices I eventually paid. There were two separate purchases where I would've lost out $60 and $60+ if I wasn't minding my business.  So, my advice would be to look at everything thoroughly, and ask questions, especially if anything looks the slightest bit odd. (And don't buy an upgrade and a crossgrade at the same time!! Smile)

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 8:12 AM

Am not sure if one's location or being a large volume buy affects the discount you get. I live in Manchester, UK. Am usually reluctant to call long distance. Few times I have spoken on the phone to a sales rep in the past didn't change the dynamic price available to me on the website.

But after release of L6, there was a thread in which I seem to gather that speaking to a sale rep would land a person substantial discount. The names of several sales reps were even recommended. I decided to try, called and spoke to two different sales reps but they only confirmed the dynamic price available to me on the website and said that was the best I could have.

I then decided to try the chart feature on the website. To my pleasant surprise, when I asked for the cost of my proposed upgrade, I got a quote that was $125.00 less than the dynamic price on the website.  So as many have said, I think there is no standard and each individual experience would vary. But as for me, from now, I think I will try the three options each time I need to make a substantial buy. You never know, one could get the odd but very good bargain.

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 9:15 AM

Alexxy Olu:
I live in Manchester, UK. Am usually reluctant to call long distance.

Hi Alexxy,

I live in Middleton and attend a church just outside of Oldham (both to the north of Central Manchester)... Small world! Big Smile

I have the same problem in telephoning Sales and consequently tend to make contact via email. A number of sales reps have assisted me since I purchased Logos. However, I have found that Joe Humphries has been incredibly helpful of late. 

More generally, I concur with the general view expressed here. On occasion I have received a discount over and above the advertised price. I suspect it may depend upon the resource in question (how much flexibility the rep has in respect of the pricing), the size of the purchase and the purchase history of the individual. 

I do always tend to contact a rep for sizeable purchases. Otherwise I just go through the website. 

Blessings

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 9:25 AM

Alexxy Olu:
I then decided to try the chart feature on the website. To my pleasant surprise, when I asked for the cost of my proposed upgrade, I got a quote that was $125.00 less than the dynamic price on the website.

Hi Alexxy,

Can you explain what you mean by this?  What is the chart feature on the website?

Thanks,

Ron

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 9:34 AM

Ron:
What is the chart feature on the website?

https://www.logos.com/get-6 

This page lets you choose a base package family and a level, and then it shows you a chart of all the contents that are included in it, what the cost would be if you bought them all separately, and what it will cost you if you order it via the website:

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 9:47 AM

Rosie Perera:
This page lets you choose a base package family and a level, and then it shows you a chart of all the contents that are included in it, what the cost would be if you bought them all separately, and what it will cost you if you order it via the website:

Ah, got it, thanks Rosie.  I thought maybe there was some new website feature that I had missed :-)

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 9:50 AM

I was thinking maybe he meant to say 'chat' instead of 'chart'. I think the website has a chat function, I'm not sure.

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 12:21 PM

Hi Ron, I meant CHAT: keyboard talking to keyboard with the strings being pulled by human beings at opposing ends. No face, no voice. Big Smile

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 12:43 PM

Hi Andy, good to know a brother is not so far away. Thanks for letting me know.

Ron, sorry I meant CHAT not chart. The Logos.com website has a chat feature / function. As you hover your cursor over Logos 6, under Getting started, click on the Compare button. Almost immediately as the new compare screen opens, a tiny pop-up appears and tells you to: Chat with a salesperson or call us at.. then gives a phone number.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 3:25 PM

Alexxy Olu:

Hi Ron, I meant CHAT: keyboard talking to keyboard with the strings being pulled by human beings at opposing ends. No face, no voice. Big Smile

Ah, thanks for the clarification Alexxy! Smile

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 4:25 PM

Ron:

Alexxy Olu:

Ah, thanks for the clarification Alexxy! Smile

Ah, I see now. That makes much more sense of his original post than how I interpreted it.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS