Lin Ma | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 8 2014 4:38 AM

My Logos 6 is keeping crash on my MacBook Pro. Please help! Thanks, 

Lin

0317.2014.11.8 Logos 6 crash file.rtf1348.LogosLogs.Linma.20141108-3.zip

Posts 27550
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 6:11 AM

Several thoughts:

1. It doesn't appear that you had logging enabled... Did you? There was no logos.log file. See the link in my signature line for a helper tool (If you don't have it already)
  2. Your crash log says that you are using L6.0, SR-2. Do you have a way to update to SR-3?
  3. You don't ever need to post the apple crash log (which is what you did when you created the .rtf)

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 6:26 AM

Hi - I see Alabama got in first Smile looking at what you uploaded your Mac Console log keeps reporting that Logos logging is not enabled.

2014-11-08 02:57:13 Lins-MacBook-Pro.local LogosIndexer[13604] <Warning>: Logos Logging is not enabled.

You have followed instructions here

https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/mac/problem

and downloaded the Logging management app and turned on logging and restarted Logos?

The logs say you are using Logos 6 SR-2, it would be good idea to download latest version (the download link in your Logos 6 purchase email should download latest version) outside of Logos and to install it.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 13
Lin Ma | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 8 2014 6:56 AM

Thanks. I did quite Logos 6 and run logging utility and enabled logging. Then run Logos 6 but the log file said not enabled. Any suggestion?

Does Logos 6 will auto download the latest version? But I will manually download the setup file again and see it can update to Logos 6 SR-3. 

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 3:55 AM

Hi

Might be good to go through the normal process - I have taken a few screenshots for you to help explain.

These are the two Logos apps you should see on your Mac. Note the Logos app icon is the new format for Logos 6.

You should always change the log settings (ON/OFF) while Logos 6 is NOT running. If you run the Logos Logging Utility while Logos is running you will see it warns you that Logos will have to restart. Always best to turn logging on/off while Logos 6 is not running.

If logging is OFF and Logos is not running you will see this...

To turn logging on click the radio button 'Enabled'. You will see this...

There is no 'save' button or anything, simply close the Logos Logging Utility app by clicking the red X close button. If you load it again you will see the setting has stayed as 'Enabled'.

Having done this start Logos 6. If Logos 6 is able to start successfully, check your current version in Logos from the menu...

Logos >> About Logos Bible Software

In the dialog box that comes up at the top left under the heading 'Tech Support Information' you will see the version information. This is mine...

Logos Bible Software 6.0 SR-3

it shows I am on the current release.

If your Logos still has not crashed, and it is not running the latest version then issue the 'Update now' command in the Command entry field (top left) and your system should download the latest version and update itself.

If you are able to update Logos 6 to the latest version then: shut it down, make sure logging is turned on, restart it and work. If it crashes then BEFORE STARTING LOGOS 6 AGAIN save your log files and post them to the forum. Use the Logos Logging Utility app, click 'Archive Logs', it will ask you where to save them (Desktop is handy place). All the logging utility does is ZIP up all the files in the standard Logos logging folder.

Here is what is done in my case...

This is using a Mac utility called 'Pacifist' which can show the content of ZIP; DMG files etc. (very handy). Note I manually renamed my LogosError.log because it only had Logos 5 stuff in it.

Hopefully this will get you further along.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 10519
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 5:17 AM

Patrick S.:
Might be good to go through the normal process - I have taken a few screenshots for you to help explain.

Thank you for that detailed description of the process. I have saved the link for future reference.

Posts 27550
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 9 2014 5:39 AM

+1 Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS