Bug A10:Not syncing layouts

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 12 2010 1:23 PM

I have a layout in L4Win SR2 titled Bible Study - 2 Timothy.

When I open up A10, it isn't in the layout column there. I type sync now and it still doesn't show up. I went back to my SR2 and there it is. Internet use is turned on in SR2. Logs attached.

7522.Logos4.log

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 1:57 PM

Terry,

I was able to sync layouts from 4.0a SR-2 in Windows by saving a named layout "Search Layout" and then issuing "Sync Now" on Mac. I even have "Windows bitmaps" in my Mac layout in Alpha 10. I was even able to change the name on Mac and have it sync back to Windows immediately.

One thing to note is that the sorting and grouping doesn't work, so your layouts may be at the bottom of the list.

That said, I'll take a look at the logs and see if there is anything out of the ordinary.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 2:13 PM

There is definitely something wrong my mine then. Not only does it not sync with R2, when I rename the current snapshot, it accepts the rename, but never moves it to the layout list on the left. If I close and reboot. It is gone. Tell me what you need to look at.

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

The inability to rename the "now" snapshot on the Mac is a known issue. I'll update the release notes accordingly, as it's been known for a while :).

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 4:12 PM

Well, for whatever reason after several hours and multiple reboots of both my L4Win and L4Mac. Layouts just sync'd

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 4:27 PM

Odd... Glad it's working now.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 4:38 PM

Tom Philpot:

Todd, the next time our development team complains about how hard it is because we have various models and OS in our environment. I am going to direct them to the Logos Forums, to help them remember what it is like to develop a product where you don't control the infrastructure at all. Big Smile

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 4:51 PM

Terry Poperszky:

Tom Philpot:

Todd, the next time our development team complains about how hard it is because we have various models and OS in our environment. I am going to direct them to the Logos Forums, to help them remember what it is like to develop a product where you don't control the infrastructure at all. Big Smile

Hey! Are you getting me and Tom mixed up?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 7:37 PM

Todd Phillips:
Hey! Are you getting me and Tom mixed up?

Nope that is how we spell Tom in Utah. Big Smile

Posts 26
Rev. Todd Ruddell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 7:55 PM

I am also struggling with layouts. I have several saved layouts, and up until the release 10a I was able to open them. After the latest update choosing a saved layout results in an unexpected program quit. I can access the program by typing a passage in the "search" bar above the home page, but a saved layout results in a sudden program quit. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Todd Ruddell

7851.Logos4.log

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 8:10 PM

Todd Ruddell:
Any thoughts?

I would guess something in the layouts is corrupted, you could open to a blank layout and try saving that. But best bet would be to wait for a Logos tech to wander by and give you a real answer.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 1:59 PM

Todd,

Looks like you have also been bitten by the bug in 10a that wandered in via some Windows developers code updates in the interval between Alphas 10 and 10a. The problem should be fixed in 11. The issue was that certain resources would crash Alpha 10a (Holbein's Bible Woodcuts, Keyword Learning Systems, Alone With God, Pulpit Commentary, for example.)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS