Dynamic Pricing for Biblical Languages Package

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 10 2014 12:22 PM

The Biblical Languages Package pricing doesn't reflect current holdings -- i.e., it is not dynamic.

Will dynamic pricing be available for this? I've called customer service and they said that's true but they even they can't tell me how much my price would be given all that I already own -- the website shows what I already own, it just doesn't adjust the price to reflect that.

I'm waiting to decide which base package I'll buy based on what the BLP will cost me. I've been waiting almost a week to find out.

Chris

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 12:28 PM

In addition, I can't add a base package (Gold) to my cart and the Biblical Languages Package at the same time - each one deletes the other.

Chris

Posts 9427
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 12:57 PM

Nice to see you back around, Chris.

I think what you are seeing in this case might be due to the unique nature of the Biblical Languages package. Logos assumes it is the only package one will buy, a sort-of one-and-only resource for those interested in Biblical Languages only.

If you don't get a helpful response here, email Dan@logos.com and you should get some answers.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4132
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 1:46 PM

That is currently the case with every base package - only one at a time may coexist in the cart. This helps to prevent you from purchasing the same resource twice.

You're better off emailing or calling a salesman :)

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 1:48 PM

Thanks, Mark.

I've simply been too busy to spend time lurking around the forums waiting to help poor helpless folks like me. Sure glad there still are Forum MVPs around. Certainly glad to still see some familiar faces with way too many posts.

I'll send Dan an email.

Chris

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 1:56 PM

abondservant,

Thanks for the reply. I get that they set it up that way, but I'd like to get the dynamic price of the BLP and several Base Packages so I know whether I can afford to update my BLP and upgrade but stay within my budget. There are a couple of resources I don't have in the new BLP that are not in Gold or lower, but Platinum is $200+ more that Gold for me and I think BLP would be much less so a Gold + BLP might be my best bet, but right now the only price I can get on BLP is almost the same as my price for Platinum and that is the outside limit of my budget so I couldn't afford BLP + Platinum, but might be able to afford BLP + Gold.

Unfortunately, customer service couldn't tell me what my price on BLP would be -- so I can't buy it and pay for all the duplicates -- have to wait for dynamic pricing at least with the sales people, but can't buy Gold if the BLP will be too much money, but don't want to go for Platinum if BLP + Gold will be less that Platinum. (Man that sounds confusing as I type it.)

Chris

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 2:35 PM

Chris Elford:

In addition, I can't add a base package (Gold) to my cart and the Biblical Languages Package at the same time - each one deletes the other.

Chris

I may be totally wrong but does Gold include everything (that is new to you) in Biblical Languages? If it does the cart will remove it automatically.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 3:22 PM

Super.Tramp

No there are resources in BLP that are not in Gold, but are new to me. The ones I'd like from BLP: Moulton-Howard-Turner Greek Grammar Collection and UBS 5

(Note: All prices in Canadian - today's exchange rate)

UBS 5 is in Platinum - $461 to me

Moulton-Howard-Turner Greek Grammar Collection is in Diamond - $1066 to me

Neither are in Gold - $256 to me - so if UBS 5 & Moulton-Howard-Turner Greek Grammar Collection are less than $200 in BLP that's what I'll take -- the rest of Platinum is not worth as much to me as those are. (BLP is $426 Academic Pricing without Dynamic Pricing and I'd have all but 10 titles in it with Gold -- all the new datasets and media are in Gold) - so it shouldn't be that much more - UBS 5 & Moulton-Howard-Turner Greek Grammar Collection are listed as $209.23 for individual price).

Chris

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS