highlight all the imperative verbs in the NT?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15
Karl Sarpalius | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 10 2014 4:21 PM

In my third month with Logos after leaving another Bible software company and am impressed but the ole' guy isn't that sharp on learning all this new stuff.  But I'm almost sure Logos has the ability to allow me to automatically find all the greek imperative verbs and highlight them, correct?

Any advice on how to do that?  I'm learning about visual filters but the forums all seem to jump in a step or two further down the line on how to use them.  Thanks for any help with this even if it's an online tutorial.

Posts 22467
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 4:41 PM

Welcome Karl

Start with a Morph Search for Imperatives, by typing @

You should then have a search for @V??M. Run the search

From the Search menu, save as a Visual Filter

Then give it a title and choose your formatting

That's it.

You can activate/deactivate this in the Visual Filters menu of the SBLGNT Greek bible.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1598
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 4:42 PM

Create a Visual Filter for a document with a Greek morphology. (A Greek Bible, like SBLGNT, or an English Bible with a reverse interlinear, like ESV.)

Then put

@V??M

in the box on the left in the Visual Filter document, and choose a highlight style on the right. Then turn the visual filter on in that resources, using the 'three dots' icon.

Posts 18366
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 4:42 PM

Hi Karl - and welcome to the forums

To find forms of words use the morph search as per https://wiki.logos.com/Morphological_Search and to highlight them you use those morph terms in a visual filter.

Have a look at https://wiki.logos.com/Visual_Filter, the links off that and the section in the article on morphological filters.

Graham

Posts 8530
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 10 2014 4:46 PM

Dave Hooton:
You can activate/deactivate this in the Visual Filters menu of the SBLGNT Greek bible.

You can also run the Morph Search on any Logos Bible with a Reverse Interlinear, like the KJV1900, NASB96, NIV, ESV, or NRSV. The results will then be available in that Bible.

EDIT: looks like you got a lot of fine help already.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5
Chai Heng Teng | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 13 2017 8:44 PM

Is there a reason why the visual filter that I created did not appear under the "three-dot" icon in the resource?

Posts 1348
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 13 2017 8:52 PM

What resource are you looking at? It has to be a translation tagged with morph data

Posts 22467
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 14 2017 7:26 PM

Chai Heng Teng:

Is there a reason why the visual filter that I created did not appear under the "three-dot" icon in the resource?

Provide a screenshot of your filter and state the resources's name. Are you on OS x or Windows? What version of Logos?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.