Books by David F. Wells

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2689
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 12 2010 4:52 PM

I would be grateful if books by David F. Wells made it into Logos. Thanks

Ted

1. The Courage to Be Protestant: Truth-lovers, Marketers, and Emergents in the Postmodern World by David F. Wells
  2. Bleeding of the Evangelical Church by David Wells
  3. God in the Wasteland: The Reality of Truth in a World of Fading Dreams by David F. Wells
  4. No Place for Truth or Whatever Happened to Evangelical Theology? by David F. Wells
  5. Above All Earthly Pow'rs: Christ in a Postmodern World by David F. Wells
  6. Losing Our Virtue: Why the Church Must Recover Its Moral Vision by David F. Wells
  7. By Faith Alone: Answering the Challenges to the Doctrine of Justification by Gary L. W. Johnson, Guy P. Waters, David F. Wells, and R. Albert Mohler Jr.
  8. Reforming or Conforming?: Post-Conservative Evangelicals and the Emerging Church by Gary L. W. Johnson, Ronald N. Gleason, David F. Wells, and Paul Wells
  9. God the Evangelist: How the Holy Spirit Works to Bring Men and Women to Faith by David F. Wells
  10. Christian Faith and Practice in the Modern World: Theology from an Evangelical Point of View by Mark Noll and David F. Wells
  11. The Person of Christ: A Biblical and Historical Analysis of the Incarnation (Foundations for faith) by David F. Wells
  12. The Search for Salvation by David F. Wells
  13. Gospel in the Modern World: A Tribute to John Stott by Martyn Eden and David F. Wells
  14. Southern Reformed Theology (Reformed Theology in America) by David F. Wells
  15. Reformed Theology in America: A History of Its Modern Developments by Mr. David F. Wells
  16. Turning to God: Biblical Conversion in the Modern World by David F. Wells
  17. Why We're Not Emergent: By Two Guys Who Should Be by Kevin DeYoung, Ted Kluck, and David F. Wells
  18. Only One Way?: Reaffirming the Exclusive Truth Claims of Christianity by Richard D. Phillips, David F. Wells, Peter R. Jones, and Philip Graham Ryken

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 5:08 PM

Yes  He was one of two men who taught church history in seminary. Yes

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 235
Steve Clevenger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 7:25 PM

Yes, books by David F Wells would be wonderful.

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 9:15 PM

Great idea! +1 Yes

Posts 165
David C. Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 7:26 AM

Yes, PLEASE!

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 8:21 AM

+1

Add me to the waiting list :-)

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 10:50 AM

I'd buy them!

Posts 114
James Matichuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 30 2010 4:10 PM

This would be an outstanding collection.

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 1 2011 9:59 AM

Yes!  I'd particularly like to see the first six on your list.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Posts 89
Brian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 1 2011 11:18 AM

Anything by David Wells is fabulous!!YesCool

Posts 36
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 11:57 AM

Yes That'd be great!

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 20 2011 12:34 PM

I agree.

mm.

Posts 276
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 2:05 PM

I would also be grateful if David Wells' works were available for Lorgos, especially:

God in the Wasteland

No Place For Truth

Losing Our Virtue

The Courage to be Protestant

Above All Earthly Pow'rs

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2011 2:31 PM

Yes I would want these in Logos also.

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2011 11:00 PM

I noticed that Logos published many books from Eerdmans, and David Wells published his famous books (at least in the top 6 of the list) there.  May be Logos can negotiate with Eerdmans on a collection?

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 13
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 21 2013 5:40 AM

I too would be grateful if books by David Wells made it into Logos. Thank You

Some quotes to maybe move this to a front burner:

"This moment of tragedy and evil [referring to 9-11] shone its own light on the Church and what we came to see was not a happy sight. For what has become conspicuous by its scarcity, and not least in the evangelical corner of it, is a spiritual gravitas, one which could match the depth of horrendous evil and address issues of such seriousness. Evangelicalism, now much absorbed by the arts and tricks of marketing,is simply not very serious anymore.”

David Wells,   Above All Earthly Pow’rs: Christ in a Postmodern World

“What is to be gained if we are so intent in reaching out to the unchurched that we then unchurch the reached?”  

David Wells,  The Courage to be Protestant: Truth-Lovers, Marketers, and Emergents in the Postmodern World

"Humility has nothing to do with depreciating ourselves and our gifts in ways we know to be untrue. Even "humble" attitudes can be masks of pride. Humility is that freedom from our self which enables us to be in positions in which we have neither recognition nor importance, neither power nor visibility, and even experience deprivation, and yet have joy and delight. It is the freedom of knowing that we are not in the center of the universe, not even in the center of our own private universe."

David Wells,  Losing Our Virtue

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS