NIV Anglicised 2011

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2342
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 13 2014 6:59 PM

From another forum post, I just realized that the anglicised NIV is finally available. I own both the 1984 anglicised NIV as well as the 2011 americanized NIV, so I was hoping for a free (or at least affordable) update.

Not sure whether I want to spend 22 bucks though (or just wait for my next birthday...)

Anyway, if I click from the search results through to the product page, I'm getting an error message "We’re sorry!  That is not a product we currently sell."

What's going on here?

Jan

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 8:09 PM

I believe the Anglicised versions aren't available to US and Canadian citizens.

Posts 2342
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 8:11 PM

okay, I am neither...

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 27781
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 8:49 PM

Jan Krohn:

okay, I am neither...

is your payment or address based in North America? As for free updates: the publishers consider it a separate resource, which means that we must pay for it. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2342
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 8:53 PM

No. Just my credit card has USD as currency. Deducting residency from that fact would be quite dumb...

Posts 27781
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 8:55 PM

I don't know if that is the case, just surmising. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 22020
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:25 PM

Jan Krohn:

No. Just my credit card has USD as currency. Deducting residency from that fact would be quite dumb...

I can reproduce this and my card is set to use GBP.

maybe it has had to be withdrawn temporarily for some reason

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 3:22 PM

I own the 1984 Anglicised NIV and I live in the USA.  Picked it up about a year ago when I couldnt get a copy of the 1984 NIV.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 3:32 PM

Michael:

I own the 1984 Anglicised NIV and I live in the USA.  Picked it up about a year ago when I couldnt get a copy of the 1984 NIV.

I don't recall see the geographic restriction when the 1984 NIV Ang. first made it into Logos recently. I think it came slightly later, so there may well have been an opportunity for North American customers to buy it in that window. 

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 3:40 PM

Michael:

I got the 1984 Anglicised NIV for the same reason. It wasn't long before it became unavailable to USA.

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 14 2014 3:42 PM

Paul-C:

Michael:

I don't recall see the geographic restriction when the 1984 NIV Ang. first made it into Logos recently. I think it came slightly later, so there may well have been an opportunity for North American customers to buy it in that window. 

There was no restriction at first. I think it was unrestricted for about a month.

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 15 2014 2:32 PM

Guess I got lucky!  Big Smile

The two main versions I use on Logos are the NIV Anglicised 1984 and the ESV.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS