Feedback on NT221 - The Wisdom of John

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1781
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 1:50 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

Miles Custis:

Kenneth Neighoff:

In ED101, there is a book listed in the see also section, that is still in prepub, and it is part of a 6 volume set.  

Kenneth, can you let me know where that link is? We normally don't add links to resources that have not been produced.

Miles,

i am going from memory, plus I'm on my IPad but will double check on computer late this evening.  It is in segment 8 under the section called, see also and has this as a reference- The Depth of the Scandal SEC 

Miles,

That was the correct resource.  When I click on the Depth of the Scandal SEC, I get the message that I don't have this resource.  When I click the Logos Resource ID, this is the Logos page it takes me to- https://www.logos.com/product/42334/select-works-of-ronald-j-sider  this resource is still in prepub

Posts 55
LogosEmployee
Miles Custis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 4:41 PM

Rosie Perera:
It is a bug that when you don't own the book the link in Logos takes you to the wrong website to buy it!

You're right. It should be redirecting people to Vyrso for Vyrso resources. We'll be fixing this in the next day or so.

Posts 940
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 20 2014 12:29 PM

I have decided to not keep this, even at the CP price.  I just don't find it worth keeping, even as a reference work.  I would rather apply that money towards my already too large Logos payment plan or another book on my wishlist.  My reasons can be seen in my above post, mainly there are already works like this freely available on the internet.

Posts 3018
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 20 2014 3:40 PM

Everett Headley:

I have decided to not keep this, even at the CP price.  I just don't find it worth keeping, even as a reference work.  I would rather apply that money towards my already too large Logos payment plan or another book on my wishlist.  My reasons can be seen in my above post, mainly there are already works like this freely available on the internet.

Try using iTunes- they have a ton of free resources from some very good seminaries. Covenant Seminary(Bryan Chapell) has a lot of classes available with syllabus and class notes, numerous others offer their classes in video with notes as well.

Posts 940
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 9:05 AM

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ does something similar.  Moo's on Romans was really good.

Posts 1915
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 10:10 AM

Everett Headley:

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ does something similar.  Moo's on Romans was really good.

Ben Witherington also has a New Testament Introduction course there.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 936
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:06 AM

Joseph Turner:

Everett Headley:

Ben Witherington also has a New Testament Introduction course there.

I listened to Ben's course on my mp3 player over several weeks while walking over the Peak District moors here in the UK!! It actually encouraged me to acquire the CP one.

Posts 936
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:11 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

While I agree with your assessment of the products value, the cost is just to high. I will not be buying any unless there is a good sale or it goes through CP.

Just my opinion.

Yes

Posts 113
Mark Prim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 12:20 PM

Although there is some great information contained in this course, I just can not see keeping it. There are just too many resources listed in the "required reading" section which I do not have. It does state it is recommended you have a Platinum edition, I thought I could still go through it. With the price of the Platinum what it is, I will not be buying it anytime soon, so this course would just sit in my library.

Posts 8698
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 1:18 PM

I finally started working through this course a few days ago and am really enjoying the format. It is definitely worth the price we paid on CP but, like others, I will probably not be purchasing future courses unless they are significantly discounted. Perhaps this will be the case at some point.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 929
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 1:31 PM

I like the course so far and I see the value of it but... when compared to a real seminary education? I don't think it is good value. It's not much different in price than a real college course anyway.

You don't get academic awards. I love learning for the sake of learning but I already have good academic awards. If I didn't then I would totally want to invest my cash in something with a useful certificate at the end.

Even more so, it is not a seminary level education without exams and written assignments, I think that in the process of writing we learn so much more. Just my opinion.

John

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS