Logos 7?

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 363
Batman | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 17 2014 1:55 PM

It's been about an entire month since L6 came out. I'm thinking L7 should be out by year's end? Start of next year?

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 2:06 PM

You'll have to ask Everett Doonand.....

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 2:08 PM

Tuesday! :)

As I recall they are now on a two year product cycle. I would suggest they will be releasing 7 in october/nov of 2016

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 818
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 3:37 PM

I already have my copy!Smile

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 3:52 PM

I saw that someone leaked a screenshot of the startup screen a while back. I'm sure it's in alpha already.... 

Alex Scott:

You'll have to ask Everett Doonand.....

I notice he's been suspiciously silent lately. Guess he did his disruption and then had nothing more to say here.

Posts 25400
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 4:43 PM

By the end of the month. It's code name is Logos 6.0a!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2169
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 6:12 PM

Imagine what it would be like?  

Fast!  Able to select, copy, paste any window-worth of search results!  No hint of iTunes-esque-ness.  Lots of wonderful new data sets.  Cheap.  

Actually I am rather fond of Logos 6.  I almost have hate to see 7 arrive. Nostalgic already.      

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 6:22 PM

I have it on good authority, Logos will skip a number ... In an attempt to stay fashionable, Like Microsoft. Remember, You heard it here first. 

Next version will be Logos 8.

Posts 1738
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 6:42 PM

Rosie Perera:
Guess he did his disruption and then had nothing more to say here.

It might remind old Yanks of Ernest T. Bass.

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 6:43 PM

No matter when it comes and what it's called and what features are in it, Denise will still be using Logos 3, aka Libronix, which she affectionately calls Libby.

Posts 406
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 7:01 PM

Rosie Perera:
No matter when it comes and what it's called and what features are in it, Denise will still be using Logos 3
... And the crotchety old man will still be writing his memoirs, ... And the hard headed old goat will still be attempting to explain his interpretation of Scripture.

The more things change, The more they remain the same.  

Posts 1062
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 7:18 PM

What I look forward to most about Logos 7 is that it will run in a native .NET runtime for Mac, or at least I really hope it does:

http://news.microsoft.com/2014/11/12/microsoft-takes-net-open-source-and-cross-platform-adds-new-development-capabilities-with-visual-studio-2015-net-2015-and-visual-studio-online/

Posts 1083
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 7:33 PM

A bird told me one of the new features for Logos & would be it's Voice Activated! open Bible, Search for "and so on"

Wink

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 2363
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 10:03 PM

I'm hoping it will automatically schedule reminders to feed my cat. When her claws dig into my knee, it spoils my concentration.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2169
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 17 2014 10:52 PM

Lee:

A bird told me one of the new features for Logos & would be it's Voice Activated! open Bible, Search for "and so on"

Wink

I hope it doesn't have a "Hey Siri sort of "Hey Logos"  I haven't figured out how to deactivate that yet, and it makes me jump every time we get interrupted when my wife and I are talking.  I am just waiting for Siri to go off in the middle of prayer.  

Posts 10676
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 5:24 AM

Robert M. Warren:

Rosie Perera:
Guess he did his disruption and then had nothing more to say here.

It might remind old Yanks of Ernest T. Bass.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 6:28 AM

Gao Lu:

Lee:

Wink

I hope it doesn't have a "Hey Siri sort of "Hey Logos"  I haven't figured out how to deactivate that yet, and it makes me jump every time we get interrupted when my wife and I are talking.  I am just waiting for Siri to go off in the middle of prayer.  

I don't know if you were serious, but if so...Settings -> General -> Siri and then turn off "Allow 'Hey Siri'" Smile

Posts 363
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 7:44 AM

2 year cycle? That's too long. I'm sure the 2 month cycle will be kicking in. Almost as bas as Firefox and their three month cycle (but, at least that was free-- was, because I saw no need for new versions just for new versions. Went to Chrome). 

Posts 363
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 7:45 AM

Best answer. 

Posts 363
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 7:50 AM

No, I actually work 3 jobs, and do side jobs, that all leave me 37.2 minutes a day free time. Silly me, think I can operate on 8 hours of sleep, per month. 
Almost a slight exaggeration-- the job thing is real. Ie, Im very busy, very little time these days. And, having my Bible upgraded 5 times in less than 6 years seems ridiculous. (Keeping in mind 3 went to 4 just months after I got Logos).

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS