Logos 7?

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 738
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 8:10 AM

Was "Logos Vista" no good then?

Posts 1222
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 8:33 AM

The next version will be called Logos X because it will contain a map to the location of the Holy Grail.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 4158
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 9:12 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SFeCgoep1c

Their new "touch free" UI
Searches sermons & books not yet written.
Built in video conferencing.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 9:35 AM

John Goodman:
The next version will be called Logos X because it will contain a map to the location of the Holy Grail.

They've already had a Logos Series X.

Posts 10850
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 10:11 AM

Rosie Perera:

That was my original version.

Posts 284
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 10:42 AM

Could be that there is a two year cycle to accommodate those who use the two year payment plan to purchase the current version. Just when they are about to make the final payments up pops a new version to continue monthly revenue.

Posts 5574
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 12:25 PM

Claude Brown Jr:

Could be that there is a two year cycle to accommodate those who use the two year payment plan to purchase the current version. Just when they are about to make the final payments up pops a new version to continue monthly revenue.

Claude - I know this was 'tongue in cheek' and I don't think that this is actually the case...

But if it were I would have no objection - as long as the software gets better and provides useful facilities I don't mind paying... even regularly.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 14
Ben Schoof | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 12:57 PM

Gao Lu:

Lee:

A bird told me one of the new features for Logos & would be it's Voice Activated! open Bible, Search for "and so on"

Wink

I hope it doesn't have a "Hey Siri sort of "Hey Logos"  I haven't figured out how to deactivate that yet, and it makes me jump every time we get interrupted when my wife and I are talking.  I am just waiting for Siri to go off in the middle of prayer.  

Indeed, Siri activated during family devotions after supper last week! Was reading the good old NIV too. Wouldn't surprise me if The Message actually used "Hey Siri" to stay current, but I certainly wasn't reading anything of the sort Smile

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 3:33 PM

Batman:
Almost as bas as Firefox and their three month cycle

Firefox is on a 6-week cycle, which I don't mind at all...it's almost a requirement for browsers in today's world of data breaches and security holes.  In a sense, IE is on a 4-week cycle.  While they don't increment the version number with every update, there are always multiple patches for IE on Patch Tuesday each month.

Batman:
I saw no need for new versions just for new versions. Went to Chrome

??? - Umm, Chrome is on the same rapid release schedule as Firefox is.  I don't understand this comment...unless you just haven't realized that Chrome is updating that frequently since it happens in the background?  Stick out tongue Wink

Posts 2399
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 18 2014 4:24 PM

Patch upon patch and a hole in the middle.

Posts 368
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 4:08 AM

I have heard on good authority (a friend of Rob Pritchard) that Logos 7 will come out in paper form.

Yes you heard it first right here. Logos 7 will be a book.

Stephen Miller

Sydney, Australia

Posts 3317
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 4:13 AM

Jack Caviness:

Rosie Perera:

That was my original version.

I think that was my first real upgrade- been a while, may have to wait for the fog to clear- wait got an idea I'll ask the wife she knows every dime I have spent on Logos, when and how much. Sad

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 4:26 AM

Stephen Miller:

I certainly hope that they have at least some form of electronic documentation. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1085
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 8:28 AM

alabama24:

Stephen Miller:

I certainly hope that they have at least some form of electronic documentation. 

Sorry, documentation only to be included in Bible Study Magazine. But if you subscribe to both Logos 7 and BSM, you'll get a bundle discount.

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 8:35 AM

That makes up for it. Thanks William. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 190
Paul Chatfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 8:48 AM

Haha - this thread has made me laugh lots  ... perhaps in 10 years they'll be releasing a new version a day?

Posts 426
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 7:59 PM

Ron:

Batman:
Almost as bas as Firefox and their three month cycle

Batman:
I saw no need for new versions just for new versions. Went to Chrome

??? - Umm, Chrome is on the same rapid release schedule as Firefox is.  I don't understand this comment...unless you just haven't realized that Chrome is updating that frequently since it happens in the background?  Stick out tongue Wink

Nope, I had no idea-- but, the point is, with FF, I would download the "new" version, and it would seem like 2 days later, I'd have to update again. I'm not really a fan of Chrome; but, I do appreciate that it is done in the background, and is not intrusive. Of course, I'm sure that means other things are happening, that I'm not aware of, and I may wind up regretting that. 

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS