How To Drag or Organize Tabs On A Mac L4 Window?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 13 2010 7:58 AM

I have a number of resources open in one window.  I would like to reorder the tabs so that my commentaries are immediately beside my NASB95.  I just can't figure out how to accomplish this.

My brain tells me I should be able to click and hold (i.e., grab) a tab and drag it left or right to place it in my preferred location (like Firefox tabs).  However,  when I do this, I see big blue blocks on my screen and if I let go of the tab a new panel opens in my window with this one resource inside.  This is not what I want.  So, I then go to the Layouts drop-down and force the tab back to the top row by selecting the single panel layout.  But the tab goes where IT wants, not where I want it to be.

Is there something I'm missing, or this a feature that is yet to be implemented?

God bless,

Steve

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:41 AM

Hi Steve, reordering tabs does work and I have done it many times. The "blue block" is designed to show you the space a tab will take over when moving or rearranging your desktop (I nice feature I might add). However, if you click and drag the tab along the line of the other tabs, the blue block will not show up and you can rearrange the tab order. You may have to play with it to get the right touch, but it does work. Blessings :-)

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 9:27 AM

Joe,

Thank you for the reply.  However, on my MacBook Pro the behaviour is different.  I cannot drag a tab to the left or right along the line of tabs.  I can drag it above the line, but the location it will fall is uncertain until I release it (even then it sometimes creates a brand new panel).  The blue box (which I agree is a nice feature, if it acted as expected instead of nearly always appearing) appears when I try to drag directly left or right.

Perhaps I have some other problem causing my system to behave differently from yours?

Steve

Posts 10805
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 11:03 AM

Steve Brannon:
hank you for the reply.  However, on my MacBook Pro the behaviour is different

Steve

I attempted to investigate your problem and ran into problems trying to move a tab horizontally. It seemed to go everywhere except where I wanted it. The blue box did work, however. Then, A-10 gave me the spinning pizza, which I reported in another thread.

Summary: I can't move the tabs horizontally either.

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 11:16 AM

Logos didn't crash, but I couldn't move tabs horizontally either

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 11:23 AM

Now I am doubting my memory on this in past Alphas... maybe I never moved them horizontally either and maybe that was in the L4win version??? My computer will arrive tomorrow from Apple Care and i will check into it again.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 11:47 AM

The behavior appears to be:

1) If the tab is placed over another tab it will either try the top half or left or right half of a window.

2) To move the tab sideways, you'll need to drag into the center of the tab panel that you wish to move.

The reason Firefox does what you'd expect is that it only allows tabs to take up the full size of the window, it doesn't split the window.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 1:13 PM

I wish I could post a video of what happens, because there is absolutely no way possible for me to "drag into the center of the tab panel that you wish to move" to move a tab to the left or right.  Every time I try to move a tab (unless I drag it up above the open window) the resource opens in a new panel within the window.  The only way to get the tab back into my row of tabs is to force a single panel from the Layouts drop-down.

Steve

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS