Logos 4 upgrade - wants a serial number

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Paul Crandell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:25 PM

We just hosted Camp Logos at the church and purchased an upgrade (Logos 4) to our Logos 3 Scholar version.  Last year when I installed version 3, everything went well….usernames were set…files were synchronized and the we have been using the resources.

Now with the upgrade, after initial program loading the version 4 asks for a product code / activation code (I don’t remember the exact request wording) but it is a serial number that is not included in the upgrade.  If I continue it will load the upgrade but it will not load the resources and I assume will not index properly.

I do have activation codes and confirmation codes from when I installed version 3.

Where do I go from here?

Posts 5565
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:30 PM

Paul Crandell:

We just hosted Camp Logos at the church and purchased an upgrade (Logos 4) to our Logos 3 Scholar version.  Last year when I installed version 3, everything went well….usernames were set…files were synchronized and the we have been using the resources.

Now with the upgrade, after initial program loading the version 4 asks for a product code / activation code (I don’t remember the exact request wording) but it is a serial number that is not included in the upgrade.  If I continue it will load the upgrade but it will not load the resources and I assume will not index properly.

I do have activation codes and confirmation codes from when I installed version 3.

Where do I go from here?

As far as I know, L4 doesn't ask for product code or activation codes. So this is a new one for me.

If you still have L3 installed, can you access those resources there? And did you sync your licenses via Account Manager in L3 before having L4 import them. I do know that in L3 sometimes, after installing a resource, L3 must be started before the installation is complete.

If you've done all of that, make sure L4 is able to connect to the internet (isn't blocked by a firewall) and start the program and sign in with the same user ID as you used in L3.

It should work this way. Let us know, if it doesn't.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2
Paul Crandell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 3:39 PM

Your are correct...the Logos 4 does not use a activation code.

The user id is another issue.  I forgot the password, so I went to Logos.com and used the "I forgot my Password" feature and Logos can't find my email which is my login id.  Says the email doesn't exist.  I used the same address that shows in Logos 3.

A few minutes ago I syncronized the Logos 3 ...all went well.  I will try again and let you know.

Posts 61
David J. Ring, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 9:25 AM

I am also having the same problem.  The program asks for a serial number.

I tried the previous tricks about clicking control or shift - but all Logos4 allows me to do is put in the serial number, or choose "later".

If I choose later, I see none of my books.

Best wishes,

David

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 9:30 AM

David, if you're stuck at Log in you'll have to call customer service and endure the current hold time.  I hear it's getting better, but I'm not sure how better.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1
Phillip Underwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 9:38 AM

I am also experiencing a similar problem.  I have up graded to L4 on my PC.  However, on loading L4 via dvd onto my non internt capable laptop I am required to provide a serial number.  I can find no such number. 

The programme is loaded but I have no access to my library.

Can anyone help?

God Bless

Phil

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 10:33 AM

Philip, that also is going to need customer service.  It sounds like they'll have to email you a license file or send you a disk with a license file on it.

see:

The Internet- FAQ

and

http://wiki.logos.com/Installation_and_Indexing_FAQ%27s

for more information.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 61
David J. Ring, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 11:04 AM

If you click SHIFT (or was it Control) when at that screen the "Later" turns to "Never" and you can get rid of the prompt.

But then once open, I don't see any books at all.  None.

Best wishes,

David

Posts 7
Old Faithful | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 8:26 PM

Paul Crandell:

Your are correct...the Logos 4 does not use a activation code.

The user id is another issue.  I forgot the password, so I went to Logos.com and used the "I forgot my Password" feature and Logos can't find my email which is my login id.  Says the email doesn't exist.  I used the same address that shows in Logos 3.

A few minutes ago I syncronized the Logos 3 ...all went well.  I will try again and let you know.

No, you are NOT correct.  Logos 4 DOES require a serial number.  I have Logos 3 installed, I have an Internet connection, I have my correct logon Id and password and it STILL requests a serial number.  After I click on "Later" I see no option anywhere to import my Logos 3 license.  Has anyone actually gotten a solution from tech support that works?

Posts 25100
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 9:44 PM

RobertVary:
No, you are NOT correct.  Logos 4 DOES require a serial number.

If it thinks you do not have an active account with Logos it will require this. You need to resolve the account problem directly with Logos.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1
Jolly | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 9:19 AM

i want  to have serial no of logos 4

Posts 22087
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 9:25 AM

Hi Jolly - and welcome to the forums

This is a very old thread so please clarify exactly what it is you are looking for.

As noted above, Logos 4 does not require the use of a serial number.

Graham

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 9:53 AM

Jolly:

i want  to have serial no of logos 4

Hello, Jolly;

Do you have a Logos 4 package or resources? If not, you can download the free engine to L6 from here https://www.logos.com/product/46767/logos-6-core-engine . As Graham has stated, you don't need a SN, your resources are linked to your account.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS