Text compare, how to compare all bibles.

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 19308
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 8:10 PM

MJ. Smith:

Rosie Perera:
But if you're curious, this is what it looks like.

Did you run this on 1:1? If so, a bug has not been fixed; if not, the bug has spread like a virus.

1:1 of what book?

Posts 33447
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 8:12 PM

Rosie Perera:

Any book - it causes the river to show no variation in the text while the spray chart shows variation.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19308
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 8:26 PM

MJ. Smith:

Rosie Perera:

Any book - it causes the river to show no variation in the text while the spray chart shows variation.

Whenever I run it on any one verse, it shows no variation in the river but the spray chart shows variation. Perhaps that is by design? The granularity of the river must be one verse at a time. It's not a visual tool I've ever found particularly useful anyway, so I'm not too concerned about it and am not going to champion a fix for this. But if it's a bug, I hope it's been reported, and from what you said before, I trust it has.

Posts 7
brmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2010 8:41 AM

I cannot do a text compare at all. I watched the tutorial and got my floating window but no "A" icons to enable me to show differences or show base text.

Is this feature only available in certain versions of Logos 4 (ie: like Plantinum, etc.) I have the Leaders version.  Or could it be the Bibles I am comparing (NIV, KJV,Message,HCSB,NASB95)

Posts 41
David Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2010 9:01 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
Then select that collection from the drop-down list on the second line of the tab (just under the passage input box).

Richard, which "tab" are you reffering to?

Thanks, David

EDIT: I figured this out...please ignore the above entry.

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 5:05 AM

MaryBonnevilleRiley:
I have the Leaders version.

Someone commented earlier in this thread that this feature is only available in Original Language and above.

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 11:24 AM

Thanks for the tip, Richard. You de man!

Posts 140
Gary Shogren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 6:56 AM

Sorry, but I can't locate Compare Versions anywhere. How do I locate it?

Plus, I want to be able to compare all my Spanish versions...how would that happen? Thanks.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 7:43 AM

It's called Text Comparison under tools (only available in Original Languages and up)

Posts 264
Michael G. Halpern | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 8:41 AM

Rosie...

Is this capture from the 4.0c beta, because my 4.0b (Portfolio) doesn't include it as a setting option.  I get Compare Versions...Bibles: and View:  Thank you.

Posts 19308
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:53 PM

Michael G. Halpern:

Rosie...

Is this capture from the 4.0c beta, because my 4.0b (Portfolio) doesn't include it as a setting option.  I get Compare Versions...Bibles: and View:  Thank you.

Nope, I posted that on January 14, and 4.0b wasn't even in Beta yet, let alone 4.0c. So that was probably from 4.0a SR-3, judging by the dates in the release notes. I've usually always been up-to-date with the latest release. However when I just tried it now (in 4.0c Beta 1), it doesn't have all the options it had back then. This is what I see now:

I don't recall them saying anything about removing part of the functionality of this feature, so I'm puzzled.

Posts 33447
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 8:59 PM

What is interesting is that in the 3D mode which gives the numeric statistics, 4.0b does not provide the statistics on a single verse ... while the math may prevent the river map diagram the raw data should be available.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS