FEATURE REQUEST: Reading Pane for any book

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 8:52 AM

Mark A. Smith:
Margin, what's a margin?? Wink
"... the minimum return below which an enterprise becomes unprofitable"

Collins English dictionary. 2006. Previous ed.: 2005.; Formerly CIP. (8th ed., Complete & unabridged ed.). Glasgow: HarperCollins.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 8:57 AM

George Somsel:
"... the minimum return below which an enterprise becomes unprofitable"

So it is.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 198
Bryan Brodess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 9:55 AM

George Somsel:

If you attach a note to a passage it puts an icon in that location.  You can save the book AND ITS NOTES in a workspace thus having the note available at all times when you are reading the book.

Ok. I did a test to see how it is done. Now I have a note where I do not want it.. how do I remove it??

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 10:07 AM

Bryan Brodess:
how do I remove it??

In your note file if you hover your mouse on the line where the note heading resides (has a (usually) yellow square next to it) you will see a small X on the RHS of the pane on that line. Click on it. Gone!

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 198
Bryan Brodess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 10:43 AM

Mark A. Smith:

Bryan Brodess:
how do I remove it??

In your note file if you hover your mouse on the line where the note heading resides (has a (usually) yellow square next to it) you will see a small X on the RHS of the pane on that line. Click on it. Gone!

Thanks that did the trick..

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 1:06 PM

Kevin Becker:

PeterLi:

Kevin - a completely different question: How do you quote from two different posts in the same reply?

Peter

I opened up an edit box in a new tab and then copied in the second quote and added the quote user syntax around it. Watch, I'll quote myself.

Kevin Becker:

I opened up an edit box in a new tab and then copied in the second quote and added the quote user syntax around it. Watch, I'll quote myself.

Here I was hoping you had stumbled onto some new and undiscovered feature, but that is the only way I have found to do this.

Posts 4
Gary Ma | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 2:10 PM

Hi! I am still learning and navigating the various exciting functions and features in Logos 4. It was really nice to be able to access the reading mode, and I really like the highlighting tool. I also appreciate the show page numbers feature, which show up as tags in the right place. I was just pondering if anyone in the design team has thought of coming up with a reading mode, which displays the pages as in the actual books themselves, i.e. opens up just like a normal book but on screen. The font size function can still be accessible. With the page tag already in place, is there any possibility that this can happen? And the mouse scroll can flip the pages back an forth. It would really be awesome. I am just wondering how realistic this is or would it present a problem in terms of the programming?

Still, I would like to put this forward as a suggestion for a future upgrade all the same.

God bless,

Gary Ma

Posts 9468
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 2:17 PM

G

Gary Ma:
Still, I would like to put this forward as a suggestion for a future upgrade all the same.

This sounds like having a Kindle or e-books reader format for Logos. Not a bad idea. You might want to post the gist of this idea in the Suggestions forum where it may get seen by more eyes, including those of the Logos team.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 4
Gary Ma | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 11:36 AM

Mark,

I am glad someone else also think this is a good idea. Okay, I will put this in the suggestion forum... see if I can find where that is.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS