Possible fix for Yosemite/L6 users with download woes

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 19
Gene Christian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 25 2014 11:39 AM

I tried this fix and it seems to be working. After the core program is loaded will the updater restore my full purchased program or should I take further steps to do this?

Posts 2255
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 25 2014 12:56 PM

Not sure if you need to restart the computer, but you should cancel the download and retart Logos to try again.

HTH and Merry Christmas!

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 19
Gene Christian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 25 2014 1:13 PM

Thank you...it's working :)  

Merry Christmas!

Posts 373
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 7:01 AM

And after you do all of this, restarting Logos and the indexer wasn't enough.  I had to restart the machine.  Everything worked like a charm after that!

I'm finally on 6 and I'm finally on a package.  I've been using Logos since 1994 and since they started with packages, such as Scholars and then Gold and so forth, I've never had a package.  I bought the Platinum!   It only gave me about 250 books, but getting Black's commentary and Lenskie's will be worth the admission.  My greatest frustration, and the reason I almost didn't buy a package, was that it didn't have The Expositor's Greek Testament by Nicoll.  I use this all the time in print.  Not having it in Logos is irritating, but the $200 price tag keeps me from pulling the trigger.  

Anyway, problem solved.  Thanks to Mark Barnes for getting the fix.  

Wilson Hines

Posts 2
Andrew Bacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 27 2014 6:02 PM

This seemed to work!  Thank you!  I had gotten all the way to "93% of 80 Gigs of downloads" after about 2 weeks of it running in the background and started searching for a solution. I am certain that it 80G was not really downloading, rather just a reflection of the bug between Yosemite and logos.  Thanks again! 

Posts 3
Henri Martins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 28 2014 8:06 AM

thanks, did help! amen!

Posts 168
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 7:09 PM

Should this solution be used also if upgrading from L5 to L6 from within the L5 application updater?

Mark Nigro

Pastor/Teacher/Student/Writer

www.calvarychapelbiblecollege.com

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 17 2015 1:07 AM

Mark Nigro:

Should this solution be used also if upgrading from L5 to L6 from within the L5 application updater?

As I understand it these changes have been built into the latest version.

If there are downloading problems now they are new downloading problems.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS