SUGGESTION: Don't Treat Clippings Like Notes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2933
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 20 2014 11:53 AM

When I change the default font setting for notes, it also changes for Clippings. But Clippings aren't notes...they are clippings. In other words, I generate the content of notes, but the content of clippings comes from the original resource. The Clippings should look like the original; the font should be the same as the one for resources.

Would it be plausible to either have a separate default font setting for Clippings, or to simply have the Notes font setting affect Notes only and have the Clippings font default to the Resource font?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 20 2014 12:17 PM

Doc B:

When I change the default font setting for notes, it also changes for Clippings. But Clippings aren't notes...they are clippings. In other words, I generate the content of notes, but the content of clippings comes from the original resource. The Clippings should look like the original; the font should be the same as the one for resources.

Would it be plausible to either have a separate default font setting for Clippings, or to simply have the Notes font setting affect Notes only and have the Clippings font default to the Resource font?

Hi Doc,

While I do agree with you that it would be nice if what we copy into clippings would look like the original, I would like Faithlife to merge clippings and notes together like they did with highlighting and notes.  This is one reason why I think Logos/Verbum has such a large learning curve - too many sub-systems.

Posts 29624
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 20 2014 1:02 PM

And I agree with Tom Smile.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3202
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 20 2014 1:03 PM

Doc B:

I see your point but I am not sure how I feel about it being the default resource font.  But I do agree it should not be tied to Notes settings.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS