count words in romans?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 95
Jack Nørdam | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 22 2014 2:22 AM

It is probably simple, but I just can't figure out how to count all the words in Romans and visually show the numbers of each word, so I can see e.g. which 10 words he uses at most in his letter?

Thanks for any kind of help.

Posts 12243
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 3:56 AM

Jack Nørdam:

It is probably simple, but I just can't figure out how to count all the words in Romans and visually show the numbers of each word, so I can see e.g. which 10 words he uses at most in his letter?

You open a new Word List document, from the "Add" menu you choose your bible (such as NA27) and the range Romans. The result will automatically be sorted by count.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 95
Jack Nørdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 5:31 AM

'Word List' - ha, of course. Thanks Mick!

Posts 12243
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 5:41 AM

Jack Nørdam:

'Word List' - ha, of course. Thanks Mick!

You're welcome Smile

In the meantime I checked an alternative solution, which is slightly more complex:

Do a morph search of all text in Romans in NA 27 for all available morphemes (?), i.e. for @B OR @C OR @D OR @I OR @J OR @N OR @P OR @R OR @T OR @V OR @X - display in Analysis view, group by Greek Lemma and collapse all verses: 

The numbers are the same, as far as I can see - and it will help you if you only want nouns, verbs, adjectives for you ten most-used words, since ho and kai won't make good sermons or term papers.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS