Logos.com website down?

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 38 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 8953
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:26 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Everything seems to be working now. Yes

I spoke too soon. Looks like it is not fully working yet.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 341
Abram K-J | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:30 PM

Maybe they're setting up Faithlife Dating after all?

(too soon?)

Abram K-J: Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant
Blog: Words on the Word

Posts 127
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:58 PM

Robert Harner:

Todd Phillips:

I'm having significant problems with my Logos iPad app too.

The iPad problem is troubling. I started Logos, all was there, then POOF, all was gone and 69 PD resources it their place.

Downloaded should mean "Downloaded" !!   

I agree--resources downloaded should not be disappearing.  BUT...twice now in the last week I have had this exact same problem and once just over two weeks ago.  I sent Fatihlife my logs from the last failure, but have not yet heard back from them.  It appears to me that when the iPad Bible App starts up it goes out to a Logos server to check for something--has a problem--and then suddenly modifies the number of resources I have down to 69.  This never used to happen.  For me, just under 15,000 resources have disappeared each time leaving me with only 23 of 29 resources actually downloaded to my iPad.  My iPad still reports just under 50Gb of storage so I have to believe they are all still there!  The previous two times, the only way I could fix it (re-indexing did not work) was to once again uninstall the App, delete my Mobile device from Logos.com, and then wait for my PC library to sync--then reinstall the Bible App.  Then I spend a day re-downloading all of the resources again.  I also have the Faithlife Study Bible App and Vyrso App installed on my iPad and they both report my whole library and I still have access to the few books I have downloaded to each of these Apps.

Posts 21
Bruce Lang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:03 PM

Still having problems syncing Proclaim as of 9PM CST - Wishing you well.  Thanks

Posts 765
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:05 PM

Been down all day for me. And I wanted to spend money today. 

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:07 PM

Abram K-J:

Maybe they're setting up Faithlife Dating after all?

(too soon?)">

I was going to say that but never got the chance

Posts 322
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:13 PM

Also not syncing, glad the forum is up to check that it's not just me.

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:52 PM

Ralph Mauch:

Also not syncing, glad the forum is up to check that it's not just me.

Not syncing over here.

Posts 46
RPW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 8:07 PM

Still not syncing here. Says, "error occurred during synchronization." Also, cannot get to the logos.com web site.

Posts 594
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 8:12 PM

Still down. Wonder how much money they're losing.

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 8:12 PM

I was just able to login to the forums. Anyone else having this issue?

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 8:15 PM

Ted Weis:

Still down. Wonder how much money they're losing.

I think it is really having a bad effect on the proclaim clientbase, who somewhat depend on that during sunday service.

Posts 80
LogosEmployee
Jim Straatman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 8:15 PM

I've posted a description of the problem here.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/96616/665634.aspx#665634

Posts 1
Christian Derhaschnig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 8:23 PM

exactly the same problem with me - 69 resources in total and only some of them downloaded. But the total storage usage of the app is nearly 4gigabytes.

I did not reinstall and redownload everything - I decided to wait. See what happens. Thnak you for your post, because it shows, that it is not my ipad alone :)

Posts 1
Michael Oxentenko | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 9:10 PM

I was working a major project higjlighting text for chiastic analysis and my resources shrank to 69 then 29 and it looks like I have lost years of work. 

Posts 26546
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 10:03 PM

Don't assume your data is lost. Even datacenters are backed up. If it hasn't reappeared by the time all sites are behaving normally, shoot an email to technical support requesting help recovering the data.

Oh, yes, welcome to the forums.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2062
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 10:05 PM

I'm thinking that I'll keep my peace and get a good nights sleep and everything will be fine in the morning.  Thanks LOGOS for your hard work.

Posts 8953
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 4:18 AM

The website is still down this morning. Whatever hardware issue failures that the Logos.com team is facing must be very frustrating for them as well. I would encourage each of us who reads this to pause and pray for them.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 4:52 PM

Bruce Dunning:

The website is still down this morning. Whatever hardware issue failures that the Logos.com team is facing must be very frustrating for them as well. I would encourage each of us who reads this to pause and pray for them.

Yes

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS