D. A. Carson Books

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 24 2010 11:20 AM

Yes, indeed.  Great suggestions, Ted.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 23
Aaron Krueger, LMHC, MDiv | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 26 2010 9:27 AM

It would be great to have Gagging of God.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2010 2:27 AM

More D.A. Carson for me too.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 2:43 PM

Ted Hans:
Divine Sovereignty and Human Responsibility: Biblical Perspective in Tension by D. A. Carson

Just found myself wanting to look up a reference to this book, so I thought I'd come here and bump this thread!

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 322
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 3:38 PM

Todd Phillips:
I thought I'd come here and bump this thread

Ok, I'll follow that ploy to ask for "Scandalous: The Cross and Resurrection of Jesus" by Carson... I finished it about a month ago, and fnid myself constantly going back to it. I think it shows maturity in his dealing with certain portions of Scripture, that I've not seen before. Two thumbs up!!

I suppose for Logos to get something hot off the press is a bit more difficult, but some books, like this one, I could benefit having it sooner then later.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 28 2011 11:53 AM

Ted Hans:
Can we have more of D. A. Carson books in Logos Please? Thanks

Ted     

...From Sabbath to Lord's Day: A Biblical, Historical and Theological Investigation by D. A. Carson

I would need that particular book right now. Is there any chance I can find it as e-book in any other format before Logos would make it available?

For the Carson's collection i give 3 x  Yes also...

Blessings

Bohuslav

Posts 165
David C. Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 28 2011 1:20 PM

Ted. thanks for taking the time to do this! I WOULD BUY!!!

Let's not forget, too, his upcoming book, The Intolerance of Tolerance.

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 28 2011 1:38 PM

Surely this title is indispensable Carson.  Should come with every Logos Base Package - Stick out tongue

Posts 853
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 28 2011 6:23 PM

So many of these sound so good. I don't know which came first my desire to get some of the offerings Logos already has OR my reading this post and getting motivated to search the Logos "shelves".

But he is an author whose writings are very useful to us users.

Would love to see more. 

Posts 50
Eric Woernle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 30 2011 5:54 PM

Yes Yes more Carson is always good!!!!

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 24 2012 4:41 AM

+1, especially Hermeneutics, Authority and Canon.

Russ

Posts 3663
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2012 7:39 PM

Ted Hans:
Can we have more of D. A. Carson books in Logos Please?

Yes +1

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 1829
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 30 2013 3:51 PM

This march-madness with only few "single" books available for the winner is kinda useless.

Need more Carson..

Posts 205
Stephen Paynter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 10:55 AM

It has been over three years since this thread was started with a list of Carson's works not available in Logos, and it seems timely to review where we now stand - especially given that Carson has just won the March madness competition, and it would make sense for Logos to be interested in other Carson resources we might be interested in.

First lets list the resources from the first list that are now available in Logos. Well done Logos!

Ted Hans:

• 1 An Introduction to the New Testament by D. A. Carson and Douglas J. Moo
  • 3 King James Version Debate, The: A Plea for Realism by D. Carson
  • 5 Jesus' Sermon on the Mount and His Confrontation with the World: An Exposition of Matthew 5-10 by D. A. Carson
  • 7 Cross and Christian Ministry, The: Leadership Lessons from 1 Corinthians by D. A. Carson
  • 8 Gagging of God, The by D. A. Carson
  • 10 A Model of Christian Maturity: An Exposition of 2 Corinthians 10-13 by D. A. Carson
  • 16 The farewell discourse and final prayer of Jesus: An exposition of John 14-17
  • 22 Worship by the Book by Rev. Mark Ashton, R. Kent Hughes, Timothy J. Keller, and D. A. Carson

However, this still leaves the following from the first list:

Ted Hans:

• 2 From Sabbath to Lord's Day: A Biblical, Historical and Theological Investigation by D. A. Carson
  • 4 The Inclusive-Language Debate: A Plea for Realism by D. A. Carson
  • 5 Jesus' Sermon on the Mount and His Confrontation with the World: An Exposition of Matthew 5-10 by D. A. Carson
  • 6 Telling the Truth by D. A. Carson
  • 9 Divine Sovereignty and Human Responsibility: Biblical Perspective in Tension by D. A. Carson
  • 11 Hermeneutics, Authority, and Canon by D. A. Carson and John D. Woodbridge
  • 12 The Intolerance of Tolerance by D. A. Carson
  • 13 Challenge of Bible Translation, The by Kenneth L. Barker, D. A. Carson, Charles H. Cosgrove, and Kent Eaton
  • 14 Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 2: The Paradoxes of Paul (Justification and Variegated Nomism) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid
  • 15 Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 1: The Complexities of Second Temple Judaism (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen Zum Neuen Testament. 2. Reihe. 140) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid
  • 17 Jesus and His Friends (Biblical Classics Library) by D.A. Carson
  • 18 Christ and Culture Revisited by D. A. Carson
  • 19 Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church: Understanding a Movement and Its Implications by D. A. Carson
  • 20 Memoirs of an Ordinary Pastor: The Life and Reflections of Tom Carson by D. A. Carson
  • 21 Love in Hard Places by D. A. Carson
  • 23 Letters Along the Way: A Novel of the Christian Life by D. A. Carson and John D. Woodbridge
  • 24 Scandalous: The Cross and Resurrection of Jesus (RE: Lit) by D. A. Carson
  • 25 What Is the Gospel? (Ixmarks) by Greg Gilbert and D. A. Carson
  • 26 Evangelicalism: What it is and is it worth keeping?

Of these, I would point out the academic importance of the two volumes of papers on the New Perspective on Paul, (No. 14 and 15), and the volume of papers on the Lord's Day (No. 2), and the published version of his PhD thesis, "Divine Sovereignty and Human Responsibility" (No. 9).

Also important books are Carson's theological reflections on culture, "Christ and Culture Revisited" (No. 18) and "The Intolerance of Tolerance" (No. 12).

His biblical studies might be aimed at a popular readership, but are also profound ... especially, No. 24.

We need more D.A. Carson ... !!!

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 11:49 AM

Stephen Edward Paynter:

Yes

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:53 PM

Andy Evans:

Stephen Edward Paynter:

Yes

YesYes

P.S. Especially with the 75% discount Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 2923
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 12:46 PM

Ted Hans:
Can we have more of D. A. Carson books in Logos Please? Thanks

•  Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 2: The Paradoxes of Paul (Justification and Variegated Nomism) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid
  • Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 1: The Complexities of Second Temple Judaism (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen Zum Neuen Testament. 2. Reihe. 140) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid

On prepub: http://www.logos.com/product/31422/justification-and-variegated-nomism

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 12:59 PM

Jacob Hantla:

Thanks Jacob, obviously I'm :-)

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 16
Luke Ture | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2013 10:23 PM
  •  Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 2: The Paradoxes of Paul (Justification and Variegated Nomism) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid
  • Justification and Variegated Nomism, vol. 1: The Complexities of Second Temple Judaism (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen Zum Neuen Testament. 2. Reihe. 140) by D. A. Carson, Peter T. OBrien, and Mark A. Seifrid

On prepub: http://www.logos.com/product/31422/justification-and-variegated-nomism 

Thanks for these most recent two! We still want Christ and Culture Revisited and The Intolerance of Tolerance, please. Smile

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 12:25 AM

Luke Ture:
Thanks for these most recent two! We still want Christ and Culture Revisited and The Intolerance of Tolerance, please. Smile

yes please Yes

Bohuslav

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS