Do You Think That Faithline/Logos Should Give Discounts To Everyone Due To This Outage?

Page 2 of 4 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 68 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 297
Sean McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 7:24 PM

Randy W. Sims:
Have you made any mistakes today? Do you think you should go to Hell?

Your confusing categories. Hell and restitution are two different things 

Posts 792
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 7:45 PM

Randy W. Sims:

James Hiddle:
Yeah I should have used Sage instead of Thyme in my dressing

I don't know, brother. It might not earn you hellfire, but dressing without sage? That ain't right! Tongue Tied

George Somsel:

James Hiddle:
Yeah I should have used Sage instead of Thyme in my dressing for thanksgiving and no I shouldn't go to hell for that but I might get sent to my room j/k Smile

I think you should get some serious time out for that!  Wink

Man a guy makes one mistake and all of the sudden he's a criminal Big Smile

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 8:39 PM

James Hiddle:
Man a guy makes one mistake and all of the sudden he's a criminal Big Smile

Depends on the mistake. 

-Dan

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 10:06 PM

For those that forgot to put sage in their dressing, PLEASE don't give any to my neighbor in GA. That would so upset her. :-)

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 6725
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 12:58 AM

I was once called into the office on Dec. 23 (I think) because staff could not get on the internet.

Guess what. The server did not recognize that it has an OS installed. 

The raid cards had been fried. Some data was also lost int he process, inspite of both hardware and software raid. If the drive goes it goes.

Laboured several days and nights trying to bring the system back up and getting everything to raid. And I was not the lead technician.

Can identify.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 19306
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 1:24 AM

Nathan Parker:

For those that forgot to put sage in their dressing, PLEASE don't give any to my neighbor in GA. That would so upset her. :-)

A cousin of mine had a friend who just unfriended her on Facebook over a dispute about sage (whether it was safe to give to dogs or not). I never knew sage could be so controversial, but now here in one day I've heard of TWO people who would be upset over it. I have sage growing in my garden and it's overtaking the entire back yard. I love the smell of it, but it grows too fast!

Posts 2371
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 2:00 AM

That is sad about your friend being un-friended on Facebook.  The sage problem could have easily been resolved by going here.  

Posts 3314
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 3:27 AM

I think a 100% discount on any 500 books we want would be sufficient.

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 3:47 AM

No. However, efforts should be made to drastically reduce the chances of this type of disruption happening again. 

Posts 1085
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 8:51 AM

James Hiddle:

I image that would please a lot of people but should they or chalk it up as just one of those freaking things that happen and let's just move on?

They don't owe us anything. However, if I were a Proclaim user, this type of thing would have me seriously considering dropping the service, so they may find themselves needing to make customer retention deals.

I also know that it's clear to them that this is not acceptable, so I trust that the possibility of a repeat is much lower for the future.

Posts 792
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 9:19 AM

Rosie Perera:

Nathan Parker:

A cousin of mine had a friend who just unfriended her on Facebook over a dispute about sage (whether it was safe to give to dogs or not). I never knew sage could be so controversial, but now here in one day I've heard of TWO people who would be upset over it. I have sage growing in my garden and it's overtaking the entire back yard. I love the smell of it, but it grows too fast!

Wow that's way to extreme to unfriend anyone over some herb. Sheesh you might as well unfriend someone over socks.

Posts 3845
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 9:40 AM

James Hiddle:
Wow that's way to extreme to unfriend anyone over some herb. Sheesh you might as well unfriend someone over socks.

And if you wear those green socks one more time, I will!

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 9:53 AM

Erik:
No. I see no reason that I deserve to profit over an unfortunate technical problem.

I agree

Posts 9627
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 10:02 AM

toughski:

Erik:
No. I see no reason that I deserve to profit over an unfortunate technical problem.

I agree

Yes

In the end I believe we will all profit from this unfortunate experience because Faithlife will improve their infrastructure to ensure that this will not happen again.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 11:40 AM

Rosie Perera:

Here in southern Alberta we have a wild plant called sage brush. And i love it's silvery foliage with it;s wonderful smell. But years ago i picked some and tried using it on some chicken breasts unaware how potent it was... it literally left the chicken breast inedible. It is a useful replacement for real sage, but far more potent. I learned you do not to bake chicken with sprigs covering them...

-Dan

Posts 3845
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 1:51 PM

Bruce Dunning:
In the end I believe we will all profit from this unfortunate experience because Faithlife will improve their infrastructure to ensure that this will not happen again.

At least in the same way - it is always possible for something else to go wrong. Sad

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1987
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 2:02 PM

I think it'd be a very nice gesture if Logos would offer something wonderful. It would boost their company's morale.

As a business, saying sorry isn't always enough.

For an example, Apple gave free bumpers, when it was their fault. And many others..

$20 credit would be enough for each everyone effected.

My 0.02

Posts 3703
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 2:09 PM

I don't want any discounts! It happens.

mm.

Posts 17
Samuel B. Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 2:22 PM

Although a discount sounds nice, I would much rather have my iPad app restored back to it's original state.  Before logos' crash, I had all ~4000 of my resources downloaded to my iPad.  Now, they are all gone except like 68.  Took me weeks to get them all downloaded to my device.  VERY, VERY frustrating.  Not sure I have the desire to go through what it took the first time to get my iPad back to it's original, pre-crash, state.  I'm so very disappointed:(

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 3:09 PM

Matthew 24:28. 

Page 2 of 4 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS