D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones Books

Page 1 of 3 (53 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 52 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2689
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 14 2010 11:03 AM
Oh that more of the last of the great puritan D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones would appear in Logos. Thanks.

Ted    
  1. Exposition of Romans - Set (14 vols.) by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  2. The Life of Joy and Peace: An Exposition of Philippians by David Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  3. Preaching & Preachers by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  4. Spiritual Depression: Its Causes and Cure by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  5. Path to True Happiness, The: John 2 by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  6. Studies on the Sermon on the Mount,
  7. God's Way, Not Ours: Isaiah 1 by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  8. Truth Unchanged Unchanging by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones 
  9. Not Against Flesh and Blood: The Battle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places  by Martyn Lloyd-Jones 
  10. Joy Unspeakable: Power and Renewal in the Holy Spirit by David Martyn Lloyd-Jones 
  11. Baptism with the Spirit: Teaching of Martyn Lloyd-Jones by Michael A. Eaton
  12. Life in Christ: Studies in 1 John by Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  13. Living Water: Studies in John 4 by Martyn Lloyd-Jones and David Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  14. David Martyn Lloyd-Jones: The First Forty Years, 1899-1939 v. 1 by Iain H. Murray
  15. David Martyn Lloyd-Jones: The Fight of Faith, 1939-1981 v. 2 by Iain H. Murray
  16. Kingdom of God by Martyn Lloyd-Jones and Christopher Catherwood
  17. Lloyd-Jones: Messenger of Grace by Iain H. Murray
  18. The Gospel in Genesis: From Fig Leaves to Faith by Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  19. Authority by David Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  20. Out of the Depths: Restoring Fellowship with God by Martyn Lloyd-Jones and Lane T. Dennis
  21. True Happiness: Psalms 1 and 107 (Lloyd-Jones, David Martyn. Wisdom from the Psalms.) by Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  22. Faith on Trial by Martyn Lloyd Jones
  23. Evangelistic Sermons at Aberavon by Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  24. Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled by Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Elizabeth Catherwood, and Ann Beatt
  25. A Nation under wrath Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  26. Why Does God allow War  Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  27. Let everybody Praise the Lord  Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  28. Heirs of Salvation: Studies in biblical Assurance  Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  29. Christmas Sermon  Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  30. I Am Not Ashamed  Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  31. The Heart of the Gospel  Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  32. Love So Amazing: The life-Changing power of the Gospel  Martyn Lloyd-Jones
  33. The Cross: God's way of Salvation

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 11:14 AM

I would love to have more works of the Dr available through Logos... His Exposition of Romans seems a good place to start...!

Gets my vote!

Yes

Posts 6
Leon Willis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2010 6:04 AM

I agree! I'd especially like to see Martyn Lloyd-Jones' "Studies in the Sermon on the Mount" and his series on "Romans".

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2010 6:19 AM

Yes

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 35
Lloyd Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 23 2010 4:36 PM

The Doctor gets my vote!

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 10:46 AM

I feel like saying Doctor Who?

But then I know who D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones is and really just wan to bump this thread.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 10:53 AM

It would be really excellent if Logos produced a Complete Works of Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones... I imagine the interest would be huge...

Posts 321
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 11:48 AM

Ted Hans:
Oh that more of the last of the great puritan D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones would appear in Logos

I'll cast of vote of YES also.

Easy there Ted, giving him the title of puritan might make folks think he's ancient Wink  I'm enjoying Dr. Lloyd-Jones in the titles that are aleady there, but would love to see more. Especially "David Martyn Lloyd-Jones: The First Forty Years, 1899-1939 v. 1 by Iain H. Murray " I was only able to get volume 2 "The Fight of Faith 1939-1981" a couple of years ago.

Yes

Posts 2689
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 12:34 PM

Ralph Mauch:
Easy there Ted, giving him the title of puritan might make folks think he's ancient Wink

I take your point. What a great expositor he was and his theology is as ancient as Paul the ApostleBig Smile.

My favourite Preacher, my avatar says it all!

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 3 2010 6:17 AM

Andy Evans:

It would be really excellent if Logos produced a Complete Works of Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones... I imagine the interest would be huge...

Agreed

Posts 2821
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 8:06 AM

Amen and Amen!  More of the Doctor!  In fact, we need his "Life Works"!

Last of the Puritans?  Ted, I would rather say - considering his theology of the Holy Spirit - that Martyn Lloyd-Jones was the last of the Calvinist-Methodists (of the George Whitefield variety).

However you label him, he is great!  He was the greatest preacher of the 20th Century - bar none.  

His "Studies in the Sermon on the Mount" changed my life some 35 years ago.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2689
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 9:22 AM

Michael Childs:

Amen and Amen!  More of the Doctor!  In fact, we need his "Life Works"!

Last of the Puritans?  Ted, I would rather say - considering his theology of the Holy Spirit - that Martyn Lloyd-Jones was the last of the Calvinist-Methodists (of the George Whitefield variety).

However you label him, he is great!  He was the greatest preacher of the 20th Century - bar none.  

His "Studies in the Sermon on the Mount" changed my life some 35 years ago

No quarrel with me on your descriptionYes. Good to hear from you again Mike & i have another reason to bump my threadWinkSmile. Blessings

Ted.

Posts 165
David C. Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 7:55 AM

This should really be a great priority. We have to get the Banner of Truth folks in a room with the Logos folks and hammer this out!

Posts 16
Keith Moncrief | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 22 2010 5:55 PM

As with you Michael, "Studies in the Sermon on the Mount" was life changing for me (as a new christian) some 30 years ago and, in recent months, has been instrumental in calling me back, as it were, to "my first love".

I'm new to Logos. It's awesome!! I absolutely LOVE it, but I am rather disappointed Lloyd-Jones' work is not better represented.

I agree with Andy and willis2011, "Studies in the Sermon on the Mount" and "Romans" would be great places to start but, as David says, his complete works really should be a great priority. How could the interest not be huge....??

Love the avatar Ted...my favorite as well....

Keith

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 22 2010 6:18 PM

Keith Moncrief:

I'm new to Logos. It's awesome!! I absolutely LOVE it....

That's great to hear! Welcome to the Logos forums.

Keith Moncrief:

Love the avatar Ted...my favorite as well....

Oh, don't tell me it's another famous theologian whom I haven't recognized until now. A hint please?

Posts 16
Keith Moncrief | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 22 2010 7:02 PM

hi Rosie, thanks for the welcome!

Rosie Perera:

Oh, don't tell me it's another famous theologian whom I haven't recognized until now. A hint please?

Why, Dr. David Martyn Lloyd-Jones of course! Who else?

Michael Childs:

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 23 2010 7:08 AM

Studies in the Sermon on the Mount was a tremendously powerful book for me too. Yep, it needs to be included in the L4 format.

mm.

Posts 512
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 18 2010 11:10 AM

YesYesYes

Posts 190
EmileB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:01 PM

Big thumbs up on Studies on the Sermon on the Mount.

Posts 3154
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 20 2010 4:04 PM

YesYesYesYes Whew!! Beer ok back to work- YesYesYesYesYes X 1000!!!!

Page 1 of 3 (53 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS