Logos indexer and mouse freeze

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 24 2014 9:29 AM

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a correlation between mouse freezes and the fact that the indexer is running. I have been suspecting that correlation for a while. Today, my mouse froze almost immediately after Logos started to index a new resource. I used the keyboard to open task manager and shut down a few things. Nothing changed until I shut down the indexer.

This is happening on at least one other computer at home. 

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 9:35 AM

My mouse used to continually freeze when Logos was indexing. Since upgrading to a SSD this has never happened.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 9:39 AM

Francis:

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a correlation between mouse freezes and the fact that the indexer is running. I have been suspecting that correlation for a while. Today, my mouse froze almost immediately after Logos started to index a new resource. I used the keyboard to open task manager and shut down a few things. Nothing changed until I shut down the indexer.

This is happening on at least one other computer at home. 

I have this problem as well. I noticed it from the beginning (of using Logos) but I'm learning to ignore it; I chalk it down to me learning to be patient (though the episode I had earlier today had me gritting my teeth when I couldn't do anything else but wait.)

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 5:35 AM

There has been no response here. It happened to me again today. After I got tired of waiting, I killed the indexer process and I was free again. I wished this issue were addressed.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 28 2015 5:58 AM

Francis:
There has been no response here. It happened to me again today. After I got tired of waiting, I killed the indexer process and I was free again. I wished this issue were addressed.

The original post was November 24th. If a Faithlife Rep has seen it they probably assume the issue has resolved itself. When they do see today's post they will probably ask for logs.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS