4 Crashes while indexing after downloading New Testament Background Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 43
Abraham M. Payton Jr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 14 2010 12:06 PM

After downloading this Pre-Pub Windows XP notifies me that Logos 4 has encountered a problem and needs to close. I shut down the program the first time then restarted it. The second time I also rebooted and still received the same error report. So this time I posted the notice looking for help in resolving this.

The log files have been attached.

Abraham

Posts 214
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 12:29 PM

Exactly the same problem here.

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 2:19 PM

Abraham, I realize this is probably no help to you, but I also have XP and my indexer says 51 minutes to go - so far there have not been any crashes.

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 2:34 PM

See my post earlier this morning - I am having a similar problem trying to merge indexes for my recently downloaded NT background commentary with SR-3.

Posts 43
Abraham M. Payton Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 6:23 PM

I just read the reply to your post while searching for one to mine.

Thank you. We'll see how long this takes.

Abraham

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 7:54 PM

Abraham M. Payton Jr.:

After downloading this Pre-Pub Windows XP notifies me that Logos 4 has encountered a problem and needs to close. I shut down the program the first time then restarted it. The second time I also rebooted and still received the same error report. So this time I posted the notice looking for help in resolving this.

The log files have been attached.

Abraham

The problem is not with Windows XP. I had it crash under Windows 7 on my computer. In fact, it crashed on both of my computers! I called support at Logos and they were unaware of any problem. I also downloaded the same Pre-Pub. It crashed when I tried to merge indexes. The support person I talked to didn't know why I would want to merge the indexes since according to her "they merge automatically" after they are indexed.

Posts 43
Abraham M. Payton Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 10:11 PM

William,

I followed the Logos suggestion to David's post and used the 'Rebuild Index"command. Right now I have somewhere over 3 hours left to complete indexing and it has not crashed. Thanks for the advice though.

Abraham

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 8:15 AM

"Rebuild index" also worked for me with no problem except for a long wait which I slept through. I still think that there must be a bug in the software causing this problem. I hope they fix the problem soon.

In spite of all the "teething" problems with Logos 4 I still like it! As it matures it should get better and better.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS