Is Mobile Access Up and Running or Still Down?

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 25 2014 6:10 PM

I've been reading through the recovery notes, and I haven't read any mention of the mobile apps book streaming (for iOS) showing back online. Is this functional yet or is it still needing to be recovered?

For now, I've just been using my desktop app (and syncing is fully functional again for me), so I can still read my books OK. I was just wondering if I need to attempt to read any books on my iPad or wait a little longer (I'm fine either way).

By the way, still glad I upgraded to Logos 6, as well as placed a few high-end orders recently (such as the journals). I know it's a drop in the bucket considering all your hosting expenses, support contracts, etc., but I'm glad to have done my part to contribute to FaithLife/Logos. Keep up the great work and thanks for all the efforts you've been putting in.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 22832
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 11:07 PM

Nathan Parker:
I was just wondering if I need to attempt to read any books on my iPad or wait a little longer (I'm fine either way).

I have had no problems reading resources on my iPad over the last few days - I would go ahead.

Posts 119
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:12 AM

Logos is back on my iPad Air [iOS8] and iPod [iOS6] but some titles are missing from one or the other. For example the iPod has every volume of Robert Webber's "Library of Christian Worship" and all 4 of his Ancient / Future volumes. The iPad is missing volume Volume 3 of the former and 2 volumes of the latter. I've searched using different search criteria and can't show up the missing resources. I reinstalled Logos on both devices since the crash. It is looking like I'll have to do it again. 

Posts 119
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:12 AM

Logos is back on my iPad Air [iOS8] and iPod [iOS6] but some titles are missing from one or the other. For example the iPod has every volume of Robert Webber's "Library of Christian Worship" and all 4 of his Ancient / Future volumes. The iPad is missing volume Volume 3 of the former and 2 volumes of the latter. I've searched using different search criteria and can't show up the missing resources. I reinstalled Logos on both devices since the crash. It is looking like I'll have to do it again. 

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 11:46 AM

Re-installing the iPad app helped me as well. A couple of my books weren't loading but came through after a re-install. I believe I'm back in business.

Nathan Parker

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 12:05 PM

Did either of you try the command rebuild index first?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 119
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 1:20 PM

Please do tell! Where from or how do I run that command? 

Posts 10953
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 1:32 PM

In the app's library filter box?

Alabama, I found that by deleting (hiding) about 700 resources in my L5, it fixes my iOS app library.  It wasn't necessary to type 'rebuild index'.  Now, granted, I can only do that about 4 more times before I won't have any books, but this is a minor complication.  I had deleted the resources in hopes of reducing the 'massive download'.  Unfortunately, the 'massive download' increased by another gigabyte.  I'm now wondering, that by eliminating my whole library, the 'massive download' may increase beyond the capacity of my PC.  It's scary.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 1:33 PM

alabama24:

Did either of you try the command rebuild index first?

By the way, this has to do with the iPad app. I haven't heard that you can rebuild index on mobile apps. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nathan Parker

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 1:38 PM

On mobile, you can enter "rebuild index" (case sensitive, no quotes) in the Reference box at the top of the Home page.

Posts 10953
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:04 PM

Kevin, which Noet are you using?  Mine has the cutsie quote and that's about it on the homepage. (Latest iOS Noet)

Posts 107
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:08 PM

Noet might not have the reference field on the home page, since it's not a "Bible" app. I don't have my iPad handy to check. That would definitely make it hard to enter these "secret" commands on Noet though Smile

Posts 107
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:09 PM

Kevin Byford:

On mobile iOS, you can enter "rebuild index" (case sensitive, no quotes) in the Reference box at the top of the Home page.

Fix that for you. Smile (the Android apps don't have an index, AFAIK)

Posts 22832
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:10 PM

Denise:

Kevin, which Noet are you using?  Mine has the cutsie quote and that's about it on the homepage. (Latest iOS Noet)

Hi Denise

Interesting spot - it looks as though the Noet app doesn't have this capability.

Graham

Posts 10953
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:11 PM

Well, luckily Logos always provides a good workaround, I've always found!

Posts 119
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 3:56 PM

Thanks! I did that and nothing appeared to happen. But shortly afterwards I did a search and the missing books were there. So I don't know if it worked or if the ongoing recovery of the patient is what did it. 

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 3:59 PM

Kevin Byford:

On mobile, you can enter "rebuild index" (case sensitive, no quotes) in the Reference box at the top of the Home page.

I didn't know about this. Interesting to know!

Nathan Parker

Posts 12
Andre Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 4:57 PM

Is there still an issue with accessing your library for mobile devices? I'm getting an error message that says "error loading book". Is anyone else getting this?

thanks

andre

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 5:19 PM

Andre Martin:

Is there still an issue with accessing your library for mobile devices? I'm getting an error message that says "error loading book". Is anyone else getting this?

thanks

andre

I got that on a few books, and reinstalling the iPad app fixed it. If you're on iOS, you can try the "Rebuild Index" command above first to see if it helps. If not, re-installing the app definitely should.

Nathan Parker

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS