Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 60
Alan | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 26 2014 7:58 PM

This evening (nov 26) I updated my android logos app and the faithlife app to the new version from google play. Now neither of them will start as I get the message that they "could not copy files to sd card".   The device does not have an external sd card.

At the very least is the there a place to get the old version of the apps so that they will work again for now?

Edit: just saw on the google play store reviews that I am not the only person with this issue.

Thanks

Alan

Posts 2
Gary McCandless | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 8:20 PM

I am having the same issue. My Faith life won't load and I have a SD card with available memory

Posts 330
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 8:30 PM

Noticed this tonight on my two Android tablets with v5 lollipop.  I uninstalled then downloaded from Google Play.  Launched and signed in just fine.  Definitely a problem, but there is a workaround.  

Posts 1
Lou Flores | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 9:35 PM

I have the very same issue.  Can you tell me what the workaround is?

Posts 5
Joshua Chubb | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 10:00 PM

That is to remove and reinstall the app from the Play Store, it has worked for me as well

Posts 2290
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 10:47 PM

Re-download is no feasible workaround, as that'd mean re-downloading 15 to 20 GB of resources.

Any proper solution yet?

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 979
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 11:01 PM

Same problem here.

Nexus 7 (2013) with Android 4.4.4. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works fine but I lost all my downloaded books of course.

Posts 1098
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 12:05 AM

I was really excited when I saw the improvement for more frequent syncing.

I wish I'd read this thread before updating.

Posts 24
Jonathan Ridgway | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 1:00 AM

Same problem this morning, waiting for a fix

Posts 122
NK | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 1:22 AM

Sean:

yes... same boat with kitkat

Posts 1248
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 2:23 AM

Sean:

+1

Posts 1098
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 2:43 AM

I just remembered today is Thanksgiving in the U.S. We're not going to get a fix anytime soon.

Trying the uninstall/reinstall workaround...

ETA: That worked somewhat. The app is a bit twitchy. It probably wasn't ready to leave beta.

Posts 2290
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 2:49 AM

Sean:
I just remembered today is Thanksgiving in the U.S. We're not going to get a fix anytime soon.

That's why we avoid delivering any updates to our customers on Fridays and the day before public holidays as much as possible... Or make sure there are support volunteers who are willing to work through weekend/vacation if the team really wants to release (whereas raising the volunteer question usually settles the demand for a quick release ;-)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 21875
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 3:00 AM

Jan Krohn:
That's why we avoid delivering any updates to our customers on Fridays and the day before public holidays as much as possible.

I don't know how much control the Faithlife team have over when new releases become available in the Play Store after they have submitted them - and whether that's relevant here.

Posts 87
Randle Bond | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 3:11 AM

Looking forward to a quick fix. In the mean time Titanium Backup is the best for a quick restore of my previous version :-D 

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 4:33 AM

Same problem with Android 4.2.  I don't have a lot of resources downloaded on my device, so I uninstalled and then reinstalled. The app basically works - more or less. However, when I select resources from my desktop app to be downloaded on my device, nothing happens. I can download resources from the device individually, though. 

Posts 59
Eric Ruhnow | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 5:19 AM

Same error here. Running Moto X 16GB (1.5GB free) on Android 4.4.2 (phone only has internal storage - no SD card). Not really wanting to play the re-download game, will wait and see if a more elegant fix shows up. Thankfully, the phone is only an emergency backup for Logos reading (eyes are getting a little too old for extended reading on a little phone screen).

Lenovo TS130 Xeon E3-1245V2 | 20GB | 256 GB SSD (OS and Logos) | 3TB WD Red | Windows 10 Pro x64

L4 & L5 Platinum, L6 Gold, L5 Reformed Gold, L6 Reformed Bronze, L7 Lutheran Silver, L7 Reformed Starter, L7 Full Feature Set

Posts 1631
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 5:34 AM

Me too.

Android 4.4.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note 3, with 32GB flash card inserted.

App manager for Bible version 4.4.5 shows 218MB total storage, made up of: 36.7MB application, 0MB SD card app, 50.86MB data, 131MB SD card data.

Uninstalling Vyrso and reinstalling worked, but I don't want to do that for the Bible app as I would have gigabytes to download (1000+ resources were downloaded locally).

Posts 36
Bram Koerts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 5:37 AM

Also in the Netherlands, the same problem: Could not copy files to sd card...

hoping for a quick fix.

Posts 104
David Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 5:53 AM

Misery loves company, I also have the issue on all Android devices running Lollipop.

Page 1 of 3 (48 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS