What are you thankful for from Faithlife/Logos?

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 33 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 27 2014 5:03 AM

I just wanted to take a minute to pause and say Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends.

Although it is easy for each of us to find things that we would like to complain about in this world, if we pause it is just as easy to be thankful. It is good to pause and give thanks - even for those of us who are not Americans.

I'd like to pose a challenge for those of us who read this. Name one thing from Faithlife/Logos for which you are thankful. I'll begin by saying...

I'm thankful for the vision Bob and others had to start such an amazing company and the impact it has made on so many people to instill a greater passion to study God's Word.

What are you thankful for?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 5:30 AM

I am thankful I have such a great resource for the study of God's word and for the people at Logos who work so hard to produce it. 

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 5:41 AM

Bruce Dunning:

I'd like to pose a challenge for those of us who read this. Name one thing from Faithlife/Logos for which you are thankful. I'll begin by saying...

I'm thankful for the vision Bob and others had to start such an amazing company and the impact it has made on so many people to instill a greater passion to study God's Word.

I'm thankful for entirely searchable resources (no more worries about books not having indexes), the ability to have 15 commentaries open when it used to require an entire floor, more room on my bookshelves and the Logos Anglican base package.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 6:31 AM

I'm thankful for my reading plan helping keep me accountable in my daily readings of Scripture! 

Posts 230
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 6:52 AM

I am thankful for my Logos/Faithlife program and resources because they have greatly helped me with not only my schooling but my spiritual growth in drawing closer to God!!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 7:11 AM

Bruce Dunning:
Name one thing from Faithlife/Logos for which you are thankful.

Thankful for Faithlife interaction with customers, which includes this forums where have learned a lot plus have a lot to learn.

Thankful for passionate desire to ship useful Logos Bible Software features a bit early followed by improving them.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8
Aaron Kesson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 7:14 AM

Although I've never met Bob or any of the Logos staff in person, I feel as though I am a part of the family.  I am thankful for such an awesome resource that allows me to dig into Scripture and increase my effectiveness in sermon preparation as well as to enhance my personal devotional time.  This frees up the time I have to engage in a ministry of presence, ministry by walking around with my people and community that I serve.  I am thankful to God for the abundance of resources we have to share the Good News!  A Blessed Thanksgiving to all!

Peace,

Peace,

Aaron

Posts 2769
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 7:16 AM

Without writing a book, and going into the details of why I am thankful, I will state two things (sorry, one just won't do it).

1st, I am thankful for Logos customer service, and the mindset of the company as a whole. I don't know any other company like Logos.

2nd, Logos has helped me so, so much in my studies of getting at the root in understanding God's Word. My spiritual growth has increased immensely as a result. Lot's of stories on this one, and the 1st, but I won't write a book on the forum. Smile

Posts 1770
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 7:35 AM

I would say that all of the posts, so far, apply to me as well. In addition, I am thankful that Logos is such a "stand-up" company. They always pursue customer satisfaction. Anyone remember the $40,000 mistake? Logos did not ask for anything to be given back when the mistake affected them negatively.

https://blog.logos.com/2013/08/the-40000-mistake/ 

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 9:39 AM

Fredc:

I am thankful I have such a great resource for the study of God's word and for the people at Logos who work so hard to produce it. 

What he said Yes God Bless Faithlife and the rest of you all. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving to the Faithlife staff and to the rest of you!

Posts 3043
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 9:50 AM

There is nothing which I am not thankful.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 10:03 AM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

1st, I am thankful for Logos customer service, and the mindset of the company as a whole. I don't know any other company like Logos.

I am very thankful for this too. Yes

Posts 3043
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 8:30 PM

I think we can express our thankfulness by thanking God and praying for them.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4942
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 8:45 PM

I'm thankful for L3 and that it still works. I would be extremely grateful to see L3 functionality in L6...or L7...or L8...but sadly I fear that is an appreciation I will never have cause to express.

Posts 29374
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 7 2015 8:53 PM

David Paul:

I'm thankful for L3 and that it still works. I would be extremely grateful to see L3 functionality in L6...or L7...or L8...but sadly I fear that is an appreciation I will never have cause to express.

Can you be precise. What functionality in L3 do you wish to see in L6. The list of "missing" features is getting fairly small.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 12:20 AM

Bruce Dunning:

We don't celebrate thanksgiving in Australia, but yes I agree totally!! 

Posts 1545
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 3:19 AM

Bruce Dunning:

I agree, and I like the original language tools very much

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 81
Jim Wait | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 7:47 AM

I am thankful that a person answers the phone when I call.  Also very thankful for Morris Procter. Especially thankful that many of NT Wright's books are available on Logos. I'm thankful for everything in Logos and especially that it keeps growing and getting better..

Posts 4942
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 7:36 PM

MJ. Smith:

David Paul:

Can you be precise. What functionality in L3 do you wish to see in L6. The list of "missing" features is getting fairly small.

I've discussed this many times in other threads. The tiny note window is ridiculous--practically a peep hole. The lack of forward and back drop menus for navigation is also ridiculous. Even the appearance is an issue for me. There are a few things I like about post-L3 versions of Logos, but I don't think there is any hope that the things that matter most to me will be satisfactorily introduced into current or future builds. L6 is a fine supporting role player, but the star of the show is L3. I wish it was different, but I will probably have to use L3 until the second coming.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 7:50 PM

David Paul:
but I will probably have to use L3 until the second coming

...which might not be that long a wait according to this $.99 book:

A Rabbi Looks at the Last DaysSurprising Insights on Israelthe End Times and Popular Misconceptions

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS