Can I roll back 6.0 stable release? Latest beta hiighly unstable for me

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 804
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 27 2014 5:56 PM

Continual crashing - started with the server outage recently but may not be connected.

Now, I cannot do much in L6 without a crash so I don't know what's got messed up but the software is completely unusable now with constant crashing.

6747.Logos.zip

Posts 27688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 7:09 PM

I am unsure if this is the problem or not... but it can't hurt. With Logos closed, go ahead and move your ErrorReportManager.db file to the desktop, then restart logos.

C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\gp01ijp5.205\Errors\Application\ErrorReportManager.db

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 9:12 PM

Richard, Faithlife will need to look at this. It shows a crash trying to apply the propositional outlines filter to a resource. That isn't something in the new beta.

I would try opening to a blank layout, then rebuild the layout you were trying to open.

The only way to go back to the stable version is to uninstall the beta and install L6 using the link you got in your original purchase email. The wiki has an article Quick Install on Multiple Computers that will give you a way to avoid re downloading and re indexing if you go this route.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8022
LogosEmployee

You're crashing when the application is trying to enable the Propositional Outlines visual filter. To try to work around it, open to a blank layout, then open a different Bible, such as the ESV. On its Visual Filters menu, click the drop-down arrow next to Propositional Outlines and disable it in all resources.

If it's the same crash as this, it should be fixed in the next service release: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/95275.aspx 

Posts 804
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 28 2014 2:59 AM

Thanks ... yes I seem to have got round it as suggested, by unselecting it in all resources. No crash this time opening the problem layout\passage as before.

Cheers
Richard

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 28 2014 6:23 PM

Opened the NKJV and disabled the Propositional Outline. All is well.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS